No. 23 TCU at Arkansas - Postgame Notes
Sept. 9, 2017
No. 23 TCU vs. Arkansas
* A first-quarter sack by Ben Banogu gave the Horned Frogs at least one sack in 44 of its last 45 games. TCU finished with three sacks in the game.
* TCU led 14-7 at the half and improved to 121-14 when holding a lead at the intermission under head coach Gary Patterson.
* The Horned Frogs improved to 106-23 when scoring first under Patterson.
* TCU is now 104-3 when allowing 17 points or less under Patterson.
* TCU has allowed its fewest points (7) in the first two games of a season since 2012, when it surrendered six after a 56-0 win versus Grambling State and a 20-6 victory at Kansas.
* The Horned Frogs held Arkansas to 10 yards of offense in the second quarter.
* TCU scored for the 308th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
* The Horned Frogs took the field in Fayetteville for the first time since 1988.
* TCU played in the state Arkansas for the first time since a 24-21 win at Arkansas State in Jonesboro, Ark., Sept. 25, 1999.
* TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a white helmet.
* Anderson recorded his second career 100-yard rushing game (103, at Texas in 2016).
* Sewo Olonilua's had scoring runs of 1 and 13 yards for his first touchdowns of the season. He now has three career rushing scores.
* Hicks 4-yard second-quarter scoring run was his first of the season and 16th of his career.
* Desmon White's five receptions were one shy of a career high.
* Ben Banogu recorded a sack for the second straight game. He forced a fumble on the play.
* Ridwan Issahaku led TCU in tackles with eight, including two for loss and a sack.
* True freshman Corey Bethley recorded his first collegiate sack.
* Montrel Wilson made his first start since the 2016 season opener versus South Dakota State. He played in just two games last year before being sidelined by injury. He started seven games as a true freshman in 2015.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB