No. 20 TCU vs SMU - Postgame Notes
Sept. 16, 2017
No. 20 TCU vs. SMU
Sept. 16, 2017
Final: No. 20 TCU 56, SMU 36
* TCU defeated SMU for the sixth straight season and 10th time in 11 years.
* Patterson is now 14-2 as a head coach versus SMU.
* TCU's 619 yards of total offense were its most since posting 688 in a 62-22 win at Baylor last season.
* After trailing 19-7 2:50 into the second quarter, TCU outscored SMU 49-17 the remainder of the contest.
* A 10-yard scoring run by Kenedy Snell gave TCU a touchdown on its opening drive for the third straight game.
* The Horned Frogs scored a first-quarter touchdown for the 36th time in their last 42 games.
* TCU led 28-22 at halftime and is now 122-14 when ahead at the half under Patterson.
* TCU had 254 rushing yards and is now 85-5 under Patterson when running for at least 200 yards.
* TCU has three defensive touchdowns this season and a total of 33 nonoffensive scores, including 20 interception returns for touchdowns, since 2010.
* TCU scored for the 309th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
* A Chris Bradley block of an SMU field goal gave TCU its second blocked field goal in its last four games.
* As part of the White Out at Amon G. Carter Stadium, TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a purple chrome helmet.
* TCU won the coin toss for the third straight game.
* Hicks and John Diarse both had a reception to extend their team-best streaks to 17 consecutive games with a catch.
* Jalen Reagor's 38-yard touchdown reception from Hill on the final play of the first half was the first touchdown reception of his career. Reagor finished with three catches for 79 yards.
* KaVontae Turpin's 88 yards receiving, on seven receptions with a 27-yard touchdown catch, give him 1,062 in his career.
* Turpin's seven receptions tied a career-high, set on three previous occasions.
* Hill completed 24-of-30 passes for four touchdowns and 365 yards, marking his fifth 300-yard game in 16 contests at TCU.
* Hill's 80.0 completion percentage (24-of-30) tied for ninth in a game in TCU history.
* Hill had four TD passes for the second time in three games this season and third time in his TCU career. His career-high five scoring tosses came last year versus Oklahoma.
* Shaun Nixon's 11-yard touchdown reception from Hill was his second career scoring grab and first since Nov. 14, 2015 versus Kansas. Nixon missed last season due to injury.
* Darius Anderson had scoring runs of 4 and 48 yards to give him a team-best three rushing touchdowns on the season and four in his career.
* Anderson's 89 yards led TCU in rushing for the third straight game.
* Sewo Olonilua's 63 yards rushing on nine carries were a career high.
* Wide receiver Dylan Thomas made his first career start.
* Travin Howard had a 19-yard interception return for a touchdown on his third career pick.
* Ben Banogu had two tackles for loss. He has at least one stop behind the line of scrimmage in all three games.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB