Post-Game Notes: TCU vs. SMU
Sept. 23, 2016
*TCU improved to 30-9 on the road since 2009 for the nation’s third-best record.
*Over the last three seasons, TCU is now 26-4 overall and 16-3 in conference play. Both marks are the best in the Big 12.
*The Horned Frogs have defeated SMU five straight seasons and nine of the last 10. TCU is now 13-2 versus the Mustangs under Patterson.
*TCU held a 6-3 halftime lead. The three points allowed was its best defensive effort in the first half since it led Texas 37-0 at halftime last season.
*TCU held SMU to just three points, its best effort since beating Ole Miss, 42-3, in the 2014 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.
*TCU improved to 101-3 under Patterson when allowing 17 points or less.
*The Horned Frogs improved to 10-6 in short-week games under Patterson.
*A first-quarter sack by Chris Bradley and Ty Summers extended TCU’s school record streak to 34 games with at least one sack. It is the second-longest active streak in the nation, behind only Ohio State with 37.
*TCU had four sacks, giving it nine in the last two games.
*Twelve Horned Frogs had at least one reception.
*TCU scored for the 297th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
*TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a white helmet.
* John Diarse had his first career 100-yard receiving game with six catches for 139 yards, including a 75-yard touchdown from Hill on the first play of the second half. Diarse had seven catches for 97 yards in last week’s win over Iowa State.
* Desmon White had a career-high six receptions for 49 yards. He also had a career-long 31-yard punt return. He totaled three punt returns for 74 yards for 123 all-purpose yards.
* Kyle Hicks had a team-high 89 yards rushing on 14 carries for the second-best game of his career, behind only his 117 yards last week against Iowa State.
* Trevorris Johnson had a 14-yard scoring run for TCU’s final points of the game. It was his second rushing touchdown of the season and sixth of his career.
*True freshman Dylan Thomas had his first two career receptions for 21 yards.
* Jaelan Austin’s 2-yard touchdown catch was his second scoring grab of the season and the fourth of his career.
*Redshirt freshman TreVontae Hights had his first career reception, a 42-yard grab in the fourth quarter.
* Patrick Zeller recorded his first career reception in the fourth quarter.
*Cornerback Tony James made his first career start.
* Ty Summers had a team-best 13 tackles, including 1 1/2 for loss with a 1/2 sack. He has had double-digit tackles in each of the last three games.
* Niko Small’s fourth-quarter interception was his first career interception and the first pick by TCU this season.
* Nick Orr’s fourth-quarter interception was his third career pick, the most among active Horned Frogs.
* Ryan Graf had a career-long 46-yard field goal. He has made at least one field goal in each game this season and is 5-of-6 on the year.
* Brandon Hatfield had 25- and 30-yard field goals to make him 3-of-3 on the season.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB