Post-Game Notes: TCU vs. Kansas
Oct. 8, 2016
TCU 24, Kansas 23
* Six of TCU’s last nine Big 12 road games have been decided by seven points or less. The Horned Frogs are 5-1 in those games. Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 8-4 in conference road games decided by seven points or less.
* Since 2009, TCU has the nation’s fifth-best road record (31-9, .775).
* TCU is 12-8 on the road in its Big 12 history.
* A second-quarter sack by Aaron Curry extended TCU’s school record streak to 36 games with at least one sack. It is the second-longest active streak in the nation, behind only Ohio State with 39.
* TCU extended its nation’s-best streak to 36 consecutive games with at least 20 points.
* TCU improved to 33-11 in regular-season games following a loss under head coach Gary Patterson.
* Patterson is 5-0 as a head coach versus Kansas.
* TCU scored for the 299th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
* TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a white helmet.
* Carraway had a career-high four tackles for loss, the most by a Horned Frog since Chuckie Hunter had 4 1/2 in TCU’s 2014 win over Iowa State.
* Nick Orr’s two first-half interceptions gave him a team-best three on the season and five in his career, the most among active Horned Frogs.
* Orr is the first Horned Frog with two interceptions in a game since Sam Carter at Texas in 2014.
* Travin Howard totaled a team-high 15 tackles. He also posted his first pick of the season and second of his career.
* Denzel Johnson had a career-high 3 1/2 tackles for loss.
* Mat Boesen had the first forced fumble of his career with Chris Bradley making the recovery, setting up a 3-yard Kyle Hicks scoring run on the next snap. It was Bradley’s first fumble recovery of the season and third of his career.
* Boesen and Bradley later combined on a sack.
* Kyle Hicks ran for 104 yards on 18 carries to surpass the 100-yard mark for the second time in his career.
* Hicks’ 3-yard second quarter run was his seventh rushing touchdown on the season and team-best ninth score on the year. He has two receiving touchdowns.
* Kenny Hill’s 18-yard scoring run was his seventh rushing touchdown of the season, tying him with Hicks for the team lead.
* Jaelan Austin’s 25-yard touchdown reception from Hill marked his third straight game with a scoring grab. He now has four on the season and six in his career.
* Adam Nunez had a career-long 56-yard punt.
* Brandon Hatfield’s game-winning 34-yard field goal made him 5-of-6 on the season.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB