Oct. 19, 2013
Final Stats |
USATSI Gallery |
No. 21/17 Oklahoma State 24, TCU 10
Oct. 19, 2013
• TCU dropped to 14-13 against ranked teams under head coach Gary Patterson.
• TCU forced four turnovers and lost for just the second time in its last 37 games when totaling at least three takeaways.
• The Horned Frogs lost for just the second time in seven 11 a.m. games over the last two seasons.
• TCU scored in its 262nd consecutive game, the third-longest current streak in the nation and eighth best in NCAA history.
• TCU dropped to 9-13-2 all-time against Oklahoma State and 3-7 against the Cowboys in Stillwater.
• TCU’s team captains were Sam Carter, James Dunbar, Jon Koontz and Jason Verrett.
• TCU wore its traditional all-white road uniform with a purple chrome helmet.
• Derrick Kindred recorded his second interception of the season on Oklahoma State’s opening drive.
• James McFarland recorded career highs in sacks (two) and tackles (seven).
• Elisha Olabode’s first interception of the season came in the TCU end zone to halt a second-quarter Oklahoma State scoring threat.
• It’s the second straight year Olabode has had a pick in Stillwater. He returned an interception 11 yards for a touchdown in last year’s game at Oklahoma State.
• Kevin White had his second interception of the season and third of his career.
• Jason Verrett made the tackle for loss on an Oklahoma State 4th-and-1 from the TCU 17 in the second quarter.
• Verrett finished with four stops and a pass breakup.
• Waymon James posted his fourth rushing touchdown of the season and the 16th of his career on a 14-yard run in the fourth quarter.
• LaDarius Brown had a season-high six receptions for 48 yards. He had a career-best seven catches in last year’s game at Oklahoma State.
• A 69-yard Trevone Boykin pass to Deante’ Gray marked the Horned Frogs’ second-longest play from scrimmage this season.
• Boykin had his fourth reception of the season on a pass from Cameron Echols-Luper.
• Stephen Bryant had his first career reception.
• Jaden Oberkrom’s 35-yard third-quarter field goal made him 10-of-12 on the season. Oberkrom also connected on his 63rd-consecutive PAT, the second-longest streak in school history.