Post-Game Notes: TCU at West Virginia
Oct. 22, 2016
TCU FOOTBALL POST-GAME NOTES
TCU 10, No. 12 West Virginia 34
Oct. 22, 2016
* TCU scored for the 300th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
* TCU saw its streak of 36 consecutive games with at least 20 points, which ranked second nationally behind Oregon (37), snapped.
* The Horned Frogs recorded five sacks.
* TCU lost for just the second time in its last 14 games following an open date.
* TCU dropped to 12-9 on the road in its Big 12 history.
* Over the last three seasons, TCU has the Big 12’s second-best overall record (27-6) and conference mark (17-5).
* TCU’s Gary Patterson is now 3-2 as a head coach versus West Virginia.
* TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a white helmet.
* Jaelan Austin’s 11-yard second quarter touchdown reception gave him a streak of four consecutive games with a scoring grab and the team lead with five touchdown catches on the season.
* Austin’s streak of a touchdown catch in four straight games is the longest by a Horned Frog since Josh Doctson had multiple scoring grabs in six consecutive games last season.
* Daniel Walsh, making his first career start, had four receptions to equal his season total entering the game.
* Travin Howard led TCU with 11 total tackles, his fourth straight game with double-digit tackles.
* Brandon Hatfield’s first quarter 30-yard field goal made him 6-of-7 on the season.
* Cornerback Julius Lewis made his first appearance and start of the season. He missed the opening six games due to injury.
* Center Austin Schlottmann returned to action and started after missing the previous two games due to injury.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB