Post-Game Notes: TCU vs. Texas Tech
Oct. 29, 2016
* A first-quarter sack by Aaron Curry extended TCU’s school-record streak to 38 games with at least one sack. It is the second-longest active streak in the nation, behind only Ohio State with 43.
* TCU’s first touchdown was on a 17-play, 99-yard scoring drive. The 17 plays, 99 yards and 6:49 off the clock marked season-longs on a drive for the Horned Frogs this season. It was TCU’s first 99-yard scoring drive since 2014 against SMU.
* TCU scored for the 301st consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
* The Horned Frogs are now 76-17 at Amon G. Carter Stadium in 16 seasons under head coach Gary Patterson.
* TCU dropped to 33-12 in regular-season games following a loss under Patterson.
* The Horned Frogs fell to 12-3 in games in which they were tied at the half under Patterson.
* TCU wore a purple jersey with white pants and a white helmet.
* Desmon White’s 25-yard touchdown catch in the first overtime was his first scoring grab of the season and second of his career.
* Trevorris Johnson’s 1-yard fourth-quarter scoring run was his third rushing touchdown of the season and seventh of his career, tied for second among active Horned Frogs. Johnson finished with a career-high 11 carries for 33 yards.
* Sewo Olonilua had a career-best and team-high 48 yards rushing on seven carries.
* Derrick Green’s first-quarter 2-yard scoring run was his second touchdown as a Horned Frog. He had seven rushing scores during his three seasons at Michigan.
* Nick Orr’s first-quarter interception was his team-high fourth of the season and sixth of his career, most among active Horned Frogs.
* Mat Boesen had two sacks to give him a team-best six on the season. Boesen also recorded a career-high 10 tackles, the most by a TCU defensive lineman this season.
* Aaron Curry tied a career-high with eight tackles, including a sack to give him 5 1/2 on the season.
* Travin Howard totaled a team-best and career-high tying 19 tackles for his fifth straight game with double-digit stops. He also had his first sack of the season and second of his career. The 19 stops were the most by a Horned Frog this season and equaled his total in last year’s win over Baylor.
* Ridwan Issahaku made his first start of the year and had a season-best seven tackles.
* Left guard Trey Elliott, seeing his first action of the season, made his first career start. He missed the opening seven games due to injury.
* Punter Adam Nunez had an 18-yard run for a first down on his first collegiate rushing attempt.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB