#8 TCU vs Texas - Postgame Notes
Nov. 4, 2017
No. 4 TCU vs Kansas
Nov. 4, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas - Amon G. Carter Stadium
Final: No. 8 TCU 24, Texas 7
* The Horned Frogs are now 20-0 when playing as an AP top-10 team at home under Patterson.
* Tonight marked Gary Patterson’s 100th home game as TCU’s head coach. The Horned Frogs are 81-19 over 17 seasons in those contests.
* TCU is 43-5 as a top-10 team under Patterson.
* TCU is now 107-4 under Patterson when allowing 17 points or less.
* The Horned Frogs held an opponent under 10 points for the fifth time in nine games this season.
* Over the last four seasons, TCU’s 37-11 overall record and 24-8 conference mark rank second in the Big 12.
* TCU has defeated Texas in four consecutive seasons for the first time since a run of four straight victories from 1935-38. The Horned Frogs’ two national championships (1935, 1938) were at the front and back end of that stretch.
* Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 5-1 versus Texas.
* Patterson is 5-2 overall as a head coach against Texas.
* A Kyle Hicks’ 1-yard run gave TCU a score on its opening drive for the sixth time, including five touchdowns, in nine games this season.
* The Horned Frogs held a halftime lead (17-7) for the eighth time in nine games this season.
* TCU has not allowed a touchdown in 13 of its last 16 quarters.
* TCU had a season-high seven sacks, giving it at least one in 50 of its last 52 games. The seven sacks are the most by the Horned Frogs since they posted nine at SMU in 2014.
* TCU allowed just 9 rushing yards, the third time this season it has allowed less than 25 yards. It was TCU’s fifth time allowing 70 rushing yards or less, including the fourth straight game.
* TCU entered the game first in the Big 12 and third in the NCAA in rushing defense at 77.2 yards per game and lowered that number to 69.7.
* The attendance of 48,042 was the sixth-largest in TCU history.
* TCU scored for the 315th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991, at Texas (32-0).
* TCU wore a black jersey with purple pants and a black helmet.
* Turpin’s four receptions for 28 yards give him 102 in his career.
* Kyle Hicks’ scoring runs of 1 and 14 yards give him three rushing touchdowns on the season and 18 in his career, most among active Big 12 running backs.
* Darius Anderson had a team-best 99 yards on 18 carries to lead TCU in rushing for the seventh time in nine games this season.
* Anderson’s 31-yard rushing touchdown gives him a team-best seven on the season.
* John Diarse had two receptions to extend his team-best streak to 23 consecutive games with a catch. It includes his final contest at LSU in 2015.
* Desmon White’s team-best five receptions give him a catch in 19 consecutive games, the second-longest active streak (Diarse, 23) for the Horned Frogs. The five catches were one shy of a career-high six set last season at SMU.
* Mat Boesen had a sack for the fourth straight game. He has five sacks on the season, all in the last six contests.
* Ben Banogu had sacks on consecutive snaps to give him a team-high 6 1/2 on the season.
* Travin Howard’s team-best 10 tackles gave him his 13th career double-digit game.
* Howard went over 300 career stops. He’s now at 305.
* Chris Bradley had a sack to give him 1 1/2 on the season.
* Ross Blacklock had a sack to give him two on the season.
* An 18-yard field goal by Jonathan Song made him 8-of-8 on the season.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB