Post-Game Notes: TCU vs. Baylor
Nov. 5, 2016
TCU 66, No. 17 Baylor 22
* The 62 points scored were the most by TCU in its 112-game history with Baylor.
* The 40-point margin of victory was TCU's largest in the series history.
* It was the 199th game as TCU's head coach for Gary Patterson. He is 148-51.
* The Horned Frogs are now 22-18 against ranked opponents under Patterson, including an 8-5 mark over the last three seasons.
* TCU improved to 34-12 in regular-season games following a loss under Patterson.
* A first-quarter sack by Josh Carraway extended TCU's school-record streak to 39 games with at least one sack. It is the second-longest active streak in the nation, behind only Ohio State (43).
* TCU scored in double digits in each quarter for the first time since topping SMU, 56-37, in 2015.
* TCU reached 60 points for the first time since scoring 70 against Stephen F. Austin last season.
* TCU's 688 yards of total offense were a season-high and the eighth-most in TCU history. It was the highest total since a 750-yard effort at Texas Tech last season.
* TCU ran for a season-high 431 yards, seventh-most in program history and the highest total in 16 seasons under Patterson.
* TCU collected 34 first downs, eighth-most in school history.
* TCU scored for the 302nd consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
* TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a white helmet.
* Hicks' five rushing touchdowns tie for second-best in a game in TCU history, equaling Tony Jeffery (5, vs. Tulane, 1986) and trailing only LaDainian Tomlinson (6, vs. UTEP, 1999).
* Hicks' scoring runs of 6, 22, 3, 18 and 3 yards gave him a team-high 12 rushing scores on the season. He tops TCU with 14 total touchdowns on the year.
* Hicks' 192 yards rushing were the most by a Horned Frog since Ed Wesley ran for 209 yards against Air Force in 2010.
* Kenny Hill's 85 yards rushing, including a season-long 40-yard run, marked his second-best total of the campaign.
* Darius Anderson had a season-best 44 yards rushing on seven carries.
* Travin Howard tied Nick Orr for the team lead with 12 tackles. It was Howard's sixth straight game in double figures. He now has 100 tackles on the season, becoming the first Horned Frog with back-to-back seasons of 100 stops since Martin Patterson (2003-04).
* Ranthony Texada had a 28-yard interception return for a touchdown. It was his first pick of the season and second of his career.
* Texada had TCU's first pick 6 since Derrick Kindred at Kansas State last season.
* Josh Carraway's first-quarter sack gave him a team-high 6 1/2 on the season.
* Julius Lewis recorded the first sack of his collegiate career.
* Orr's 12 stops were a career high.
* Ty Summers had 10 tackles to reach double figures for the fifth time in the last eight games.
* Denzel Johnson had a sack to give him 2 1/2 on the season.
* Brandon Hatfield's 26- and 39-yard field goals made him 9-of-13 on the season.
* Adam Nunez had a pair of punts downed at the 2 and 3-yard lines.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB