Nov. 18, 2017
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
No. 12 TCU at Texas Tech
Nov. 18, 2017
Lubbock, Texas - Jones AT&T Stadium
Final: No. 12 TCU 27, Texas Tech 3
* Shawn Robinson became the first true freshman to start at quarterback in the 17 seasons Gary Patterson has been head coach. The last true freshman to start at quarterback for TCU was Casey Printers Sept. 25, 1999, at Arkansas State, a 24-21 Horned Frogs' win. Patterson was in his second year as TCU's defensive coordinator.
* TCU is 9-2 or better after 11 games for the third time in four seasons, ninth time in 13 years and 11 times overall in 17 campaigns under head coach Gary Patterson.
* Over the last four seasons, TCU's 38-12 overall record and 25-10 conference mark rank second in the Big 12.
* The Horned Frogs posted their nation's-best sixth game of holding an opponent to single digits in scoring this season.
* TCU ran for 204 yards and is now 87-5 under Patterson when running for at least 200.
* KaVontae Turpin's 2-yard touchdown run gave TCU points on its opening drive for the seventh time this season. It was the Horned Frogs' sixth opening series touchdown.
* TCU had a 10-3 halftime lead. The Horned Frogs are 9-0 this season when leading at the break. TCU is 128-14 under Patterson when holding a halftime lead.
* TCU is now 5-1 against teams it lost to last season.
* The Horned Frogs are now 37-12 under Patterson in regular-season games following a loss.
* The Horned Frogs had three sacks to give them at least one in 52 of their last 54 games.
* TCU scored for the 317th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991, at Texas (32-0).
* TCU's team captains were Ben Banogu, John Diarse, Nick Orr, Matt Pryor.
* TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a purple helmet.
* True freshman quarterback Shawn Robinson made his first collegiate start. He ran for 84 yards and passed for 85.
* Robinson led a 10-play, 63-yard scoring drive, covering 5:14 on the clock, on TCU's opening series. He rushed for 68 yards on four carries on the drive.
* KaVontae Turpin's 2-yard scoring run was his second rushing touchdown of the season and his career.
* Kyle Hicks rushed for 81 yards on 22 carries to put him over 2,000 yards in his career. He now has 2,018.
* Jalen Reagor's 12-yard third-quarter touchdown catch from Robinson was his team-best fifth scoring grab of the season.
* Ty Summers had sacks on consecutive snaps to give him three on the season and 5 1/2 in his career. He also had a fumble recovery.
* Sammy Douglas had a team-best 10 tackles after entering the game with 10 on the season. He also forced a fumble.
* Mat Boesen had his sixth sack of the season. He has at least one sack in five of the last six games.
* Jeff Gladney registered his second career interception in the fourth quarter. He returned it 93 yards and then made a fumble recovery in the end zone. He added seven tackles.
* Arico Evans totaled a career-high eight tackles.
* Cole Bunce had a 43-yard field goal, the longest of the season by a Horned Frog, on his first collegiate attempt. He later added a 25-yard make.
* Adam Nunez had a career-long 61-yard punt.
* Andrew David had a 56-yard punt on his second collegiate attempt.