TCU Postgame Notes - Big 12 Championship
Dec. 2, 2017
No. 10 TCU vs. No. 2 Oklahoma - Big 12 Championship Game
* TCU has reached 10 wins for the 11th time in Gary Patterson's 17 seasons as head coach. It's also the third time in four years and ninth time in the last 13 campaigns for the Horned Frogs to be in double digits in victories.
* Over the last four seasons, TCU's 39-13 overall record and 26-10 conference mark rank second in the Big 12.
* The Horned Frogs played their fourth game at AT&T Stadium and for the first time since 2013 versus LSU in the Cowboys Classic. TCU is now 2-2 at AT&T Stadium.
* TCU played an opponent (Oklahoma) for the second time in a season for the first time since 1913 when it faced Dallas twice.
* TCU dropped to 5-5 in its last 10 games versus AP top-five opponents.
* The Horned Frogs are 5-2 against teams it lost to last season with both defeats coming to Oklahoma.
* TCU is now 44-7 when playing as an AP top-10 team under head coach Gary Patterson.
* A sack by Ben Banogu gave TCU at least one sack in 54 of its last 56 games.
* TCU scored for the 319th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991, at Texas (32-0).
* TCU wore a white jersey with black pants and a black helmet.
* Jalen Reagor's 29-yard touchdown reception was his team-best seventh of the season, tying him for the most in the nation by a true freshman.
* John Diarse had five receptions for 66 yards, including a 12-yard touchdown, to give him at least one catch in 26 of the last 27 games.
* Diarse's 66 yards receiving left him just shy of 1,000 in his two-year TCU career. He's now at 985 receiving yards.
* Kenny Hill's touchdown passes of 29 yards to Reagor and 12 to Diarse gave him 21 scoring tosses on the year and sole possession of the seventh-best season total in TCU history. He had been tied with 1938 Heisman Trophy winner Davey O'Brien at 19 touchdown passes.
* Hill caught a deflected pass in the fourth quarter for his second reception of the season.
* Hill completed 27-of-37 passes for 234 yards while leading TCU with 51 yards rushing.
* Desmon White had five receptions to put him over 100 career catches. He now has 101.
* KaVontae Turpin had a team-best six receptions for 39 yards.
* Travin Howard, who missed the previous two games due to injury, had a team-best 15 tackles to reach double figures in stops for the 15th time in his career.
* Ty Summers added 11 tackles to reach double figures for the 13th time in his career.
* Ben Banogu's 1 1/2 tackles for loss put him at 15 1/2 on the year, tying for 10th on the TCU season list.
* Banogu had a sack and forced his third fumble of the season, tying him with Mat Boesen for the team lead.
* Cole Bunce's 26-yard field goal made him 4-of-5 on the season.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB