Post-Game Notes: TCU vs. Georgia
Dec. 30, 2016
TCU vs. Georgia
AutoZone Liberty Bowl
* TCU made its 14th bowl appearance in 16 seasons under head coach Gary Patterson.
* TCU is 9-6 in bowl games with Patterson as head coach.
* The Horned Frogs have won eight of their last 11 bowl games.
* Patterson is 2-3 versus the SEC as TCU's head coach.
* Over the last three seasons, TCU has the Big 12's second-best overall record (29-10) and conference mark (19-8).
* TCU is 119-14 under Patterson when leading at halftime.
* The Horned Frogs' 18 receptions were spread among eight receivers.
* TCU scored for the 305th consecutive game. It's the nation's second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven't been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991 at Texas (32-0).
* TCU wore a white jersey with white pants and a white helmet.
* The Horned Frogs were the designated home team but chose to wear their white jersey after posting a 4-1 record in road games this season.
* Kyle Hicks' 88 yards rushing on 15 carries put him at 1,042 on the season.
* Hicks provided TCU a 1,000-yard rusher for the second straight season. Aaron Green ran for 1,272 last year.
* Hicks' team-best five catches allowed him to top TCU in receptions with 47 this season.
* Hicks is the first TCU player since Basil Mitchell in 1996 to lead TCU in both rushing (1,042) and receiving (47 receptions).
* Hill's 10-yard touchdown run was his 10th rushing touchdown of the season, second on the team to Hicks (12).
* Hill's 45-yard second-quarter carry was a season long. He had a run of at least 40 yards in four of the last five games.
* Hill ran for 72 yards on 10 carries to surpass the 70-yard mark for the fourth time in the last five contests. He rushed for 70 or more yards five times this season.
* John Diarse's receiving touchdowns of 10 and 9 yards surpassed his season total of one entering the game.
* Isaiah Graham had three receptions for 37 yards, equaling his season total for catches entering the game.
* Jarrison Stewart had a season-best three receptions for 29 yards.
* Small had a team-best and career-high 12 tackles. His previous season-high was 11 versus Oklahoma.
* Tipa Galeai had the first forced fumble of his career and made the recovery on a first-quarter sack to set up a 10-yard Hill touchdown run on the next snap.
* L.J. Collier recorded a sack to give him 4 1/2 on the season.
* Chris Bradley posted a fourth-quarter sack. He had 3 1/2 on the year.
* Brandon Hatfield's 40-yard field goal tied a career long, set in the regular-season finale versus Kansas State.
* Adam Nunez placed two punts inside the 20 to give him 12 in the last four games. For the season, he had 26 punts inside the 20 with just two touchbacks.
* Travin Howard made his first career start at strong safety. His first 23 starts were at linebacker.
* True freshman running back Sewo Olonilua made his first career start.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB