April 4, 2011
FORT WORTH, Texas -- The TCU football team will debut a new helmet and set of uniforms this fall.
TCU's new home and road uniforms, courtesy of Nike, were unveiled Saturday night at the team's annual banquet in the Daniel-Meyer Coliseum. The home combination includes both purple and black jerseys.
Modeling the new uniforms were former TCU standouts Brian Bonner, David Hawthorne and Jason Phillips.
Details of the new uniforms include the following:
- Purple anodized paint, semi-matte finish, with custom “Lizard Skin” hydro-dip pattern
- High-gloss black center helmet stripe
- New custom TCU font used on front and back bumper decals “FROGS” and “HORNED FROGS”
- Purple, White and Black Speed Machine Jerseys
- All new custom TCU number font with “spike” stencil shapes
- Light weight, stretch twill with sublimated “Lizard Skin” pattern in each number, kiss-cut twill outline
- New custom embroidered TCU logo neck patch, shaped like Horned Frog “Spike”
- Purple, White and Black Speed Machine Pants
- New custom embroidered TCU Horned Frog logo patch on hip