April 30, 2011
HORNED FROG NFL DRAFT CENTRAL
TCU had five players selected in the 2011 National Football League Draft:
Andy Dalton, QB - 2nd round, Cincinnati Bengals - Click Here for Full Draft Release
Marcus Cannon, OT - 5th round, New England Patriots - Click Here for Full Draft Release
Jeremy Kerley, WR - 5th round, New York Jets - Click Here for Full Draft Release
Colin Jones, S - 6th round, San Francisco 49ers - Click Here for Full Draft Release
Malcolm Williams, CB - 7th round, New England Patriots - Click Here for Full Draft Release
- The Horned Frogs had five players drafted for the second time in three seasons. TCU also had five selections in 2009.
- The five picks tie for the second most under head coach Gary Patterson. The 2001 NFL Draft saw six Horned Frogs selected (all in the first four rounds).
- TCU had the most picks of any school in the state of Texas for the second time in three years.
- TCU's five draft picks tied for ninth nationally. The Horned Frogs were one of just 13 teams to have at least five players drafted.
- The Horned Frogs have had at least one player drafted in 10 of the last 11 seasons.
- With Marcus Cannon and Malcolm Williams both being drafted by New England, TCU had two players selected by the same team in the same year since 2001 when Minnesota picked defensive tackle Shawn Worthen and wide receiver Cedric James on consecutive picks in the fourth round.
- Andy Dalton was the first TCU quarterback drafted since Busty Underwood in the 13th round by the Buffalo Bills in 1971.
- The Horned Frogs have now had 29 draft picks in the 10-year tenure of head coach Gary Patterson.
- Last month, ESPN.com ranked TCU No. 1 in the nation for developing NFL talent.
- Andy Dalton gained 35 pounds since arriving at TCU in 2006.
- Colin Jones was a running back at Bridgeport (Texas) High School.
- Jeremy Kerley was a quarterback at Hutto (Texas) High School.