ABOUT THE GAME
* TCU hits the road Saturday for the first time in the 2017 campaign with a 2:30 p.m. game at Arkansas.
* A season-opening 63-0 victory over Jackson State gave TCU head coach Gary Patterson his 150th career victory. He ranks second nationally behind Kansas State's Bill Snyder (203) for most wins by a head coach at his current school.
* Beginning his 17th season, Patterson is the nation's second-longest tenured head coach. He trails only Iowa's Kirk Ferentz (19th year).
* Patterson is 1-1 versus Arkansas coach Bret Bielema. Prior to last season's meeting, the two head coaches squared off in the 2011 Rose Bowl when Bielema was at Wisconsin. The Horned Frogs won 21-19.
* TCU is playing in the state of Arkansas for the first time since a 24-21 win at Arkansas State in Jonesboro, Ark., Sept. 25, 1999.
* The Horned Frogs were 4-1 on the road last season.
* Since 2009, TCU has the nation's third-best road record (33-10, .767).
* TCU is 14-9 on the road in its Big 12 history.
* Arkansas holds a 43-24-2 series edge over TCU.
* The Horned Frogs are playing in Fayetteville for the first time since 1988, when they dropped a 53-10 decision.
* TCU's last road game at Arkansas was a 54-26 victory over the No. 21 Razorbacks in Little Rock in 1990.
* Prior to last season, the Horned Frogs and Razorbacks had not met since 1991 when Arkansas won 22-21 in Fort Worth.
* TCU is 9-21-1 on the road against Arkansas, including a 2-3 mark in Little Rock. The Horned Frogs are 15-22-1 versus Arkansas in Fort Worth.
* TCU's last win in Fayetteville was one of its more memorable games versus Arkansas, a 32-31 win in 1984 when current defensive line coach Dan Sharp caught a 34-yard touchdown pass.
VERSUS THE SEC
* Under head coach Gary Patterson, the Horned Frogs are 2-3 versus the SEC.
* Before contests last season versus Arkansas and Georgia, TCU's previous game versus an SEC team was a 42-3 win over No. 9 Ole Miss in the 2014 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.
* A pair of Horned Frogs faced Arkansas before at previous institutions.
* Quarterback Kenny Hill, while playing for Texas A&M, led the Aggies to a 35-28 overtime win over the Razorbacks Sept. 27, 2014, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. In just his fifth collegiate start, Hill completed 21-of-41 passes for 386 yards and four touchdowns while adding 30 yards rushing on six carries. Hill's 25-yard TD pass on the first play of overtime provided the go-ahead and winning score.
* Hill completed 36-of-56 passes for 377 yards and a touchdown in last year's game. He also added a team-best 93 yards rushing and two scores on 15 carries.
* Graduate transfer wide receiver John Diarse, who played his first two seasons at LSU, was the Tigers' second-leading receiver with four receptions for 42 yards in a 2015 game with Arkansas. He also had one catch for 5 yards versus the Razorbacks in 2014.
* Diarse had one catch for 18 yards last season.
* Razorbacks' football legend Dick Bumpas, a 2006 inductee into the University of Arkansas Sports Hall of Honor, retired in 2014 after 11 seasons as TCU's defensive coordinator. He worked at five different schools with head coach Gary Patterson.
* Over the last four seasons, TCU has the Big 12's second-best overall record (30-10) and conference mark (19-8).
* The Horned Frogs were not ranked in the preseason Associated Press or Amway USA Today Coaches polls for the first time since 2014, when they went on to post a 12-1 record while winning a Big 12 championship and defeating Ole Miss 42-3 in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.
* In the two previous seasons it was coming off a non-winning record in the 17-year tenure of head coach Gary Patterson, TCU went a combined 23-2 en route to a pair of conference championships (Mountain West, 2005; Big 12, 2014). The Horned Frogs were 11-1 in 2005 after a 5-6 campaign in 2004, while going 12-1 with Big 12 and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl championships in 2014 after a 4-8 season in 2013.
* TCU has 21 scholarship seniors this season, after having just eight last year. The Horned Frogs have 32 total seniors compared to just 13 a year ago.