September 16, 2017 | 2:30 p.m. CT | Fort Worth, Texas | Amon G. Carter Stadium
ABOUT THE GAME
* No. 20 TCU returns home Saturday to host SMU at 2:30 p.m.
* TCU will be looking to continue the momentum from a 28-7 win at Arkansas.
* The Horned Frogs will be playing their final nonconference game of the season, before beginning Big 12 action the following week at Oklahoma State.
* TCU is No. 1 in the Big 12 and fourth nationally in scoring defense (3.5 points per game) and total defense (166.5 yards per game).
* TCU's Gary Patterson is 13-2 as a head coach versus SMU, including a 2-0 mark versus current Mustangs' head coach Chad Morris.
* TCU has opened 2-0 for the 10th time in 17 seasons under Patterson. The Horned Frogs are looking to go 3-0 for the ninth time.
DEFENDING THEIR HOME
* The Horned Frogs are 77-19 in 17 seasons under Gary Patterson at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
* The season-opening 63-0 win over Jackson State gave the Horned Frogs eight home shutouts in the last 12 seasons. It was also TCU's first blanking since a 56-0 win at SMU in 2014, which marked the most lopsided game in the series.
* The Horned Frogs hold a 49-40-7 edge over the Mustangs in a series that began with a 43-0 TCU win in Fort Worth in 1915.
* TCU has won nine of the last 10 games with SMU and 15 of 17.
* The Horned Frogs are 27-18-5 versus the Mustangs in Fort Worth and 22-22-2 in Dallas.
* SMU is TCU's second-most played series. The Horned Frogs' 96 meetings with the Mustangs trail only Baylor (112).
* Other than the two seasons (1987-88) SMU did not field a team, the 2006 campaign represented the only time TCU and SMU have not met since 1925.
* TCU outside receivers coach Rusty Burns, in his ninth season, was SMU's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2004-07.
* TCU defensive end Michael Epley was at SMU two seasons (2014-15). He played last year at Tyler Junior College before transferring to TCU.
* SMU defensive line coach Buddy Wyatt was a four-year letterman (1986-89) as a defensive tackle for the Horned Frogs.
* Former TCU safety Chris Scott (2008-11) is a graduate assistant coach with the SMU defense.
* TCU defensive end Ty Summers' younger sister, Faith Summers, is a sophomore on the SMU women's golf team.
* Over the last four seasons, TCU has the Big 12's second-best overall record (31-10) and conference mark (19-8).
* In the two previous seasons it came off a non-winning record in the 17-year tenure of head coach Gary Patterson, TCU went a combined 23-2 en route to a pair of conference championships (Mountain West, 2005; Big 12, 2014). The Horned Frogs were 11-1 in 2005 after a 5-6 campaign in 2004, while going 12-1 with Big 12 and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl championships in 2014 after a 4-8 season in 2013.
* The Horned Frogs were not ranked in the preseason Associated Press or Amway USA Today Coaches polls for the first time since 2014, when they went on to post a 12-1 record while winning a Big 12 championship and defeating Ole Miss 42-3 in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.
* TCU has 21 scholarship seniors this season, after having just eight last year. The Horned Frogs have 32 total seniors compared to just 13 a year ago.
* A 63-0 victory over Jackson State gave Patterson his 150th career victory. His 151 wins rank second nationally behind Kansas State's Bill Snyder (204) for most victories by a head coach at his current school.
* Beginning his 17th season, Patterson is the nation's second-longest tenured head coach. He trails only Iowa's Kirk Ferentz (19th year).
* TCU is third in the nation in third-down conversion percentage (68.0, 17-of-25). The Horned Frogs are also seventh in third-down defense (17.9 percent, 5-of-28).
* Kenny Hill's 72.2 completion percentage (39-of-54) is on pace to break a TCU season record.
* Darius Anderson has a team-high 173 yards rushing, including a 106-yard effort at Arkansas.
* The Horned Frogs are first in the Big 12 and tied for 10th nationally with eight sacks this season.