ABOUT THE GAME
* TCU leaves Texas for the first time this season when it travels to Kansas for a Saturday 11 a.m. contest.
* The Horned Frogs were home for four of their opening five games in addition to a road date at SMU. Ten of the Horned Frogs’ 12 contests in 2016 are in Texas.
* Over the last three seasons, TCU is tied for the Big 12’s best overall record (26-5) and conference mark (16-4).
* TCU is 32-11 in regular-season games following a loss under head coach Gary Patterson.
* Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU has won all four meetings with Kansas. Each game has been decided by 14 points or less, a total of 34 points.
* Patterson is 4-0 as a head coach versus Kansas.
* TCU holds a 20-8-4 edge over Kansas in a series dating back to a 41-6 Horned Frogs’ win in Fort Worth in 1942.
* TCU is 9-6 versus the Jayhawks in Lawrence, 9-2-2 in Fort Worth and 2-0-2 in the four games (1944-47) played in Kansas City.
* A 20-6 TCU victory at Kansas in 2012 marked the Horned Frogs’ inaugural Big 12 game.
* Prior to TCU beginning Big 12 play in 2012, the schools had not met on the gridiron since a 17-10 KU victory in Lawrence in 1997, the year before Gary Patterson arrived at TCU as defensive coordinator.
* Since 2009, TCU has the nation’s fifth-best road record (30-9, .769).
* TCU is 11-8 on the road in its Big 12 history.
* Five of TCU’s last eight Big 12 road games have been decided by seven points or less. The Horned Frogs are 4-1 in those games. Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 7-4 in conference road games decided by seven points or less.
* TCU is tied for sixth nationally in most road wins (6) over Associated Press Top-25 teams since 2009.
* KU co-defensive coordinator/cornerbacks coach Kenny Perry was TCU’s cornerbacks coach in 2014, after serving as the Horned Frogs’ director of high school relations in 2013.
* Perry was previously the head coach at nearby Arlington Bowie High School, where he coached TCU cornerback Tony James who was a quarterback for him.
A SUNFLOWER STATE HOMECOMING
* TCU football coach Gary Patterson was born in Larned, Kan., and is a native of Rozel, Kan.
* Patterson went to Pawnee Heights High School and then Dodge City Community College, before heading to Kansas State.
* The Horned Frogs have just eight scholarship seniors on this year’s team.
* TCU has finished in the top 10 in back-to-back seasons and five times in the last eight years. In 15 seasons under head coach Gary Patterson, TCU has posted six top-10 finishes and 10 in the top 25.
* TCU has reached the 11-win mark eight times in the last 11 seasons.
* The Horned Frogs rank sixth nationally in total offense at 563.6 yards per game.
* TCU is tied with Oregon for the nation’s longest active streak (35 games) with at least 20 points.
* Kenny Hill is one of two players nationally to rank in the top three in total offense (421.2 yards per game) and passing yards (387.2 per game). His six rushing touchdowns are tied for the Big 12 lead and rank third in the country among quarterbacks.
* In his opening five games as a Horned Frog, Hill has three of the top nine single-game passing yard totals.
* Kyle Hicks leads TCU in rushing (375) and receptions (26). He is the only player nationally with over 300 yards rushing and receiving (302). His 26 receptions top all FBS running backs.
* Hill (6) and Hicks (6) are third nationally in most rushing TDs (12) by a pair of teammates.
* TCU has at least one sack in a school-record 35 consecutive games, the second-longest active streak in the nation (Ohio State, 39).
* TCU leads the Big 12 with 16 sacks.
* Linebackers Ty Summers (52) and Travin Howard (43) are the Big 12’s leading tacklers. Summers has been in double figures the last four games.