ABOUT THE GAME
* No. 4 TCU begins a stretch of three out of four games on the road when it plays Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at No. 25 Iowa State.
* TCU has opened 7-0 for the fifth time in the last 15 seasons under head coach Gary Patterson.
* TCU is one of six remaining undefeated Power 5 teams.
* Since 2000, TCU has the nation's best record (26-2, .929) when ranked in the AP top 5.
* TCU is 23-19 against ranked opponents under Patterson, including 9-5 over the last four seasons.
* Patterson is 5-1 as a head coach versus ISU.
* TCU's 42-14 record (.750) in road and neutral-site games since 2009 is the nation's second-best mark.
* At 36-10 (.783), TCU has the nation's third-best road record since 2009.
* TCU is tied for sixth nationally with eight road wins over AP Top-25 teams since 2009.
* TCU is 16-9 on the road in its Big 12 history.
* Six of TCU's last 14 Big 12 road games have been decided by seven points or less. The Horned Frogs are 5-1 in those games. Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 8-4 in conference road games decided by seven points or less.
* TCU and Iowa State will be meeting for just the ninth time in their history.
* The Horned Frogs hold a 7-1 series lead.
* Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 4-1 versus Iowa State with wins in the last four games.
* TCU is 3-0 versus Iowa State in Ames, 3-1 in Fort Worth and 1-0 at neutral sites (2005 Houston Bowl).
* Iowa State took a 37-23 victory in 2012 in the Horned Frogs' first-ever Big 12 home game. It also snapped a 12-game TCU winning streak that was the longest in the nation at the time.
* Prior to TCU beginning Big 12 play in 2012, the teams had not met since a 27-24 Horned Frogs' victory in the 2005 Houston Bowl.
* The series began with a 27-10 TCU win in Fort Worth in 1995.
* TCU head coach Gary Patterson's first game on the Horned Frogs' sideline was a 31-21 victory at Iowa State in 1998. Patterson was TCU's defensive coordinator at the time.
LAST TIME IN AMES
* No. 3 TCU set a school record for consecutive wins with its 15th straight victory in a 45-21 decision over Iowa State Oct. 17, 2015. It also kept alive the nation's second-longest active winning streak at the time (Ohio State, 20).
* TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin, who completed 27-of-32 passes for 436 yards and four touchdowns, was a team captain that night. Before the pregame coin toss, he knelt down to ask Iowa State kid's captain Abby Faber, who was in a wheelchair, what her name was. The photo of the exchange went viral. Faber was then in attendance at TCU's next home game and recognized in front of a sold-out crowd.
* TCU has a 30-2 record in the three seasons it came off a non-winning record in the 17-year tenure of head coach Gary Patterson. The Horned Frogs were 11-1 and Mountain West champions in 2005 after a 5-6 campaign in 2004. TCU went 12-1 with Big 12 and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl championships in 2014 following a 4-8 season in 2013. TCU is 7-0 this season after last year's 6-7 campaign.
* TCU's 36-10 overall record over the last four seasons is tied for the best mark in the Big 12. Its 23-8 record in conference play is second.
* With wins over Arkansas, Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Kansas State, TCU is 4-0 this year against teams it lost to last year.
* TCU has 21 scholarship seniors after having just eight last season.
* Quarterback Kenny Hill's 70.2 completion percentage (146-of-208) ranks fourth in the nation and is on pace to shatter the TCU season record. He is 11th in passing efficiency with a 160.9 rating.
* Hill has a 72.7 completion mark (32-of-44) on third-down passing this season, including 17-of-21 (81.0 percent) for 319 yards, four touchdowns and 11 first downs the last two games.
* The Horned Frogs lead the nation in third-down conversion percentage at 56.2 while ranking 10th in third-down defense (27.9 percent). TCU is one of just two schools (Georgia Tech) to be in the top 10 in both categories.
* TCU has not allowed a touchdown in its last two games while surrendering just 118.5 yards per contest in that stretch.
* TCU leads the Big 12 in scoring defense (14.9 ppg), total defense (291.3 ppg) and rushing defense (80.7 ypg). The Horned Frogs are in the top 11 nationally in each category.