November 4, 2017 | 6:15 p.m. CT | Fort Worth, Texas | Amon G. Carter Stadium
ABOUT THE GAME
* No. 10 TCU plays its only home contest in a four-game stretch when it hosts Texas Saturday at 6:15 p.m.
* TCU has opened with a record of 7-1 or better for the third time in the last four seasons, sixth time in 10 years and nine times overall in 17 campaigns under head coach Gary Patterson.
* Saturday marks the 100th home game for Patterson as TCU's head coach.
* The Horned Frogs are 19-0 when playing as an AP top-10 team at home under Patterson.
* TCU is 42-5 as a top-10 team under Patterson.
* The Horned Frogs are 35-12 in regular-season games after a loss under Patterson.
* Patterson is 4-2 as a head coach versus Texas.
DEFENDING THEIR HOME
* TCU is 4-0 in 2017, including a pair of shutouts, and 80-19 overall in 17 seasons under Gary Patterson at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
* The Horned Frogs' average of 48.3 points per game at home this season ranks second (West Virginia, 50.0) among Power 5 conference teams.
* Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 4-1 against Texas.
* Last year's 31-9 win in Austin gave TCU three-straight decisions over Texas for the first time since four straight victories from 1935-38. TCU's national championships (1935, 1938) were at the front and back ends of that stretch.
* Saturday marks the 88th meeting between TCU and Texas. The Longhorns hold a 62-24-1 advantage in a series that began with an 18-10 Texas win in 1897.
* TCU is 10-28 versus Texas in Fort Worth and 14-34-1 in Austin.
* Texas is TCU's fourth-most played series. The Horned Frogs' 87 games with the Longhorns trail only Baylor (112), SMU (97) and Texas A&M (92).
THAT'S MY SON
* TCU safety Nick Orr, who has started every game the last three seasons and earned All-Big 12 recognition last year, is the son of former Texas running back Terry Orr (1980-84).
* Both teams have quarterbacks who are sons of former Major League Baseball players. Ken Hill, father of TCU's Kenny Hill, pitched 14 seasons (1988-01) in the big leagues. Steve Buechele, father of Texas' Shane Buechele, had an 11-year career (1985-95) as a third baseman. Ken Hill and Steve Buechele missed by one season of being teammates with the Texas Rangers.
* TCU has a 30-3 record in the three seasons it came off a non-winning record in the 17-year tenure of head coach Gary Patterson. The Horned Frogs were 11-1 and Mountain West champions in 2005 after a 5-6 campaign in 2004. TCU went 12-1 with Big 12 and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl championships in 2014 following a 4-8 season in 2013. TCU is 7-1 this season after last year's 6-7 campaign.
* Over the last four seasons, TCU's 36-11 overall record and 23-8 conference mark rank second in the Big 12.
* With wins over Arkansas, Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Kansas State, TCU is 4-0 this year against teams it lost to last year.
* TCU has 21 scholarship seniors after having just eight last season.
* Over the last three games, the TCU defense is allowing just 6.7 points and 164.0 yards per game. The Horned Frogs have not surrendered a touchdown in 10 of their last 12 quarters.
* TCU leads the Big 12 in scoring defense (14.8 ppg), total defense (286.8 ppg) and rushing defense (77.2 ypg). The Horned Frogs are in the top 10 nationally in each category. TCU is also No. 1 in the conference in passing defense (209.5 ypg).
* TCU is the only school in the nation to be in the top 10 in third-down conversion percentage and third-down defense. The Horned Frogs are second in third-down conversions at 52.9 percent (Wisconsin, 53.5) while ranking eighth in third-down defense (27.4 percent).
* In each of the last two games, KaVontae Turpin has scored a special teams touchdown. He had a 90-yard punt return against Kansas and a 94-yard kickoff return versus Iowa State.
* Quarterback Kenny Hill's 67.8 completion percentage (158-of-233) ranks eighth in the nation and is on pace to set a TCU season record. He is 19th in passing efficiency with a 151.9 rating.
* Hill has a 69.2 completion mark (36-of-52) on third-down passing this season, including 21-of-29 (72.4 percent) for 386 yards, four touchdowns and 14 first downs the last three games.