ABOUT THE GAME
* TCU makes the short trek down I-35 Saturday for a 2:30 p.m. game at No. 13 Baylor.
* Ten of the Horned Frogs’ 12 regular-season games this season are in Texas.
* The 111-game series between TCU and Baylor is tied at 52-52-7.
* Over the last three seasons, TCU has the Big 12’s second-best overall record (27-7) and third-best conference mark (17-6).
* Saturday marks the 199th game for Gary Patterson as head coach of the Horned Frogs. He is 147-51 (.742) in 16 seasons. His 198 games trail only Dutch Meyer (201). Patterson surpassed Meyer (109) in 2012 as TCU’s all-time winningest coach. Meyer led the Horned Frogs to national championships in 1935 and 1938.
* TCU is 33-12 in regular-season games following a loss under head coach Gary Patterson.
* Patterson is 21-18 against ranked opponents, including a 7-5 mark over the last three seasons.
* Patterson is 5-3 as a head coach versus Baylor. He has never faced its acting head coach Jim Grobe.
* Last year’s 28-21 double-overtime win for TCU evened the all-time series record at 52-52-7.
* With 111 games played, TCU has faced Baylor more than any opponent in its history.
* The first game between TCU and Baylor was a scoreless tie in 1899.
* TCU is 26-24-1 on the road versus Baylor and 26-28-4 in home games against the Bears. The Horned Frogs and Bears tied in both neutral-site meetings.
* TCU is 5-3 against Baylor since the Southwest Conference dissolved after the 1995 season. The Horned Frogs are 2-2 versus Baylor in the Big 12 era.
* Since 2009, TCU has the nation’s fifth-best road record (31-10, .756).
* TCU is 12-9 on the road in its Big 12 history.
* Six of TCU’s last 10 Big 12 road games have been decided by seven points or less. The Horned Frogs are 5-1 in those games. Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 8-4 in conference road games decided by seven points or less.
* Since 2009, TCU is seventh nationally in most road wins (6) over Associated Press Top-25 teams.
FORMER CROSSTOWN RIVALS
* After being founded in 1873 in Thorp Spring, Texas, as AddRan Male and Female College, TCU’s campus moved to Waco in 1895.
* The name was changed to AddRan Christian University in 1889 and Texas Christian University in 1902.
* TCU relocated to downtown Fort Worth in 1910 when the Waco facility burned. The University then opened three new buildings on its present campus in 1911.
* The Horned Frogs have just eight scholarship seniors on this year’s team.
* Dating back to last season, four of TCU’s last 10 games have gone to multiple overtimes. The stretch began with the Horned Frogs’ 28-21 double OT win over Baylor.
* Three of TCU’s losses are by a total of just 12 points with two of them in double overtime.
* TCU held Texas Tech to 17 points and 315 yards of total offense in regulation. The Red Raiders entered the game as the nation’s leader in offense (640.3 yards per game) while ranking second in the country in scoring (50.3 points per game). The Red Raiders averaged just 3.9 yards per play on their 89 snaps.
* TCU is tied with Texas for the Big 12 lead with 31 sacks, while its average of 3.9 per game is tied for second nationally behind only Alabama (4.0).
* TCU has at least one sack in a school-record 38 consecutive games, the second-longest active streak in the nation (Ohio State, 43).
* Mat Boesen has a team-high six sacks with Josh Carraway and Aaron Curry at 5 1/2.
* Linebacker Travin Howard leads the Big 12 with 88 tackles. In conference play, he’s averaging 12.8 stops per game. He’s been in double figures in tackles in five straight games.
* In his opening eight games at TCU, Kenny Hill has three of the top nine single-game passing yard totals. He ranks fourth among active FBS quarterbacks with five career 400-yard games. He is 12th in the nation in total offense (336.9 ypg).
* Kyle Hicks tops TCU in rushing (597) and is tied for the team lead in receptions (31). He is one of only six players nationally over 550 yards rushing and 340 receiving (340). His 31 receptions are fourth among FBS running backs.