ABOUT THE GAME
* No. 6 TCU continues a stretch of three out of four games on the road when it travels to Lubbock to face Texas Tech Saturday at 11 a.m.
* The Horned Frogs control their destiny to win a Big 12 championship. A victory at Texas Tech and a win over Baylor in the regular-season finale will put TCU in the Dec. 2 Big 12 Championship Game.
* TCU is 8-2 or better after 10 games for the third time in four seasons, seventh time in 10 years and 11 times overall in 17 campaigns under head coach Gary Patterson.
* TCU is 36-12 in regular-season games following a loss under Gary Patterson.
* TCU is 4-1 this year against teams it lost to last season.
* At 36-12 (.750), TCU has the nation's fourth-best road record since 2009.
* TCU's 42-16 record (.724) in road and neutral-site games since 2009 is the nation's third-best mark.
* TCU is 16-11 on the road in its Big 12 history.
* Seven of TCU's last 16 Big 12 road games have been decided by seven points or less. The Horned Frogs are 5-2 in those games. Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 8-5 in conference road games decided by seven points or less.
* Texas Tech holds a 31-25-3 edge over TCU in the all-time series that began with a 28-16 Horned Frogs' win in Fort Worth in 1926.
* TCU is 6-18-3 versus the Red Raiders in Lubbock and 19-13 in Fort Worth.
* TCU's last trip to Lubbock produced one of its more memorable wins. Aaron Green caught a tipped pass off the fingertips of Josh Doctson, from Trevone Boykin, in the back of the end zone on a 4th-and-goal at the 4 with 23 seconds to play to give the No. 3 Horned Frogs a 55-52 victory.
* TCU's win in its last trip to Texas Tech snapped a four-game losing streak in Lubbock. It was the Horned Frogs' first victory at Texas Tech since 1991.
* Four members of TCU's staff have spent time at Texas Tech.
* TCU co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Sonny Cumbie came to the Horned Frogs after four seasons as an assistant coach at Texas Tech (2010-13).
* Cumbie was the co-offensive coordinator and outside receivers coach in 2013. He stepped into a play-calling role as interim OC in the 34-31 win over Minnesota in the 2012 Meineke Car Care Bowl.
* Cumbie was the Red Raiders' starting quarterback as a senior in 2004. He led Texas Tech to an 8-4 record, capping the season by passing for 520 yards and earning Holiday Bowl Most Valuable Player honors in a 45-31 victory over No. 4 California.
* TCU defensive coordinator and safeties coach Chad Glasgow was Texas Tech's defensive coordinator in 2011.
* TCU offensive line coach Chris Thomsen served in the same capacity at Texas Tech in 2012.
* TCU offensive analyst Sonny Dykes, the son of legendary Texas Tech head coach Spike Dykes, spent seven seasons (2000-06) as an assistant coach with the Red Raiders.
DID YOU KNOW?
* TCU co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Sonny Cumbie has been on both sides of scoring history in the TCU-Texas Tech series.
* He helped lead the Horned Frogs to single-game TCU and Big 12 scoring records with the 82-27 victory over the Red Raiders in 2014.
* The most points ever allowed by TCU under Gary Patterson was in 2004, when Cumbie was the starting quarterback for Texas Tech in its 70-35 win.
* TCU has a 31-4 record in the three seasons it came off a non-winning record in the 17-year tenure of head coach Gary Patterson. The Horned Frogs were 11-1 and Mountain West champions in 2005 after a 5-6 campaign in 2004. TCU went 12-1 with Big 12 and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl championships in 2014 following a 4-8 season in 2013. TCU is 8-2 this season after last year's 6-7 campaign.
* Over the last four seasons, TCU's 37-12 overall record and 24-10 conference mark rank second in the Big 12.
* TCU has 21 scholarship seniors after having just eight last season.
* TCU has held each 2017 opponent below its season scoring, rushing and total offense averages.