ABOUT THE GAME
* Following its second open date in the last five weeks, TCU returns to action Saturday with an 11 a.m. home game versus No. 13 Oklahoma State.
* Over the last three seasons, TCU has the Big 12’s best overall record (28-7) and second-best conference mark (18-6).
* TCU is playing Oklahoma State in Fort Worth for just the second time in five seasons. Upon entering the Big 12 in 2012, TCU inherited Texas A&M’s league schedule in which the Aggies owed the Cowboys an extra home game. TCU played at Oklahoma State in 2012 and 2013, before hosting the Cowboys in 2014 and returning to Stillwater last season.
* Saturday marks the 200th game for Gary Patterson as head coach of the Horned Frogs. He is 148-51 (.744) in 16 seasons. His 199 games trail only Dutch Meyer (201). Patterson surpassed Meyer (109) in 2012 as TCU’s all-time winningest coach. Meyer led the Horned Frogs to national championships in 1935 and 1938.
* The game features the all-time winningest coaches at both schools. Patterson has 148 victories at TCU, while Mike Gundy has 102 for OSU.
* Patterson is 22-18 against ranked opponents, including an 8-5 mark over the last three seasons.
* The Horned Frogs have won 12 of their last 14 regular-season games after an open date.
* TCU is 76-17 in 16 seasons under Patterson at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
* Four members of TCU’s coaching staff wore an Oklahoma State uniform during their collegiate playing days.
* TCU co-offensive coordinator and inside receivers coach Doug Meacham was a three-year starter on the Cowboys’ offensive line (1985-87).
* Meacham earned All-Big Eight honors and was a team captain and honorable mention All-American as a senior. Meacham blocked for 1988 Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders and two-time Big Eight Player of the Year Thurman Thomas.
* TCU defensive coordinator and safeties coach Chad Glasgow was a three-year letterman (1991-93) at linebacker for Oklahoma State. He was also a graduate assistant (1994-95) under former head coach Bob Simmons.
* TCU running backs coach Curtis Luper played at Oklahoma State (1984-87) before returning to Stillwater as a Cowboys’ assistant coach (2005-08).
* TCU graduate assistant J.W. Walsh was a three-year letterman (2012-13, 2015) at quarterback for Oklahoma State and the 2012 Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year.
* Oklahoma State holds a 14-10-2 edge in the all-time series with TCU.
* TCU is 6-4-2 versus OSU in Fort Worth, 3-8 in Stillwater, 1-1 in a pair of meetings (1943, 1946) in Oklahoma City and 0-1 in Dallas (1945 Cotton Bowl).
* TCU’s 42-9 victory in 2014, the last meeting in Fort Worth, was its first win over Oklahoma State since a 13-11 decision in 1992, the previous time the teams played at TCU.
* In last year’s 49-29 loss to Oklahoma State, TCU held a 663-to-456 edge in total offense, running 110 plays from scrimmage to just 53 for the Cowboys.
* The second half saw Oklahoma State limited to just two first downs and 122 yards of offense.
* The Horned Frogs have just eight scholarship seniors on this year’s team.
* TCU leads the Big 12 and is second nationally with its average of 3.78 sacks per game.
* TCU has at least one sack in a school-record 39 consecutive games, the nation’s second-longest active streak (Clemson, 40) and third all-time in Big 12 history.
* Linebacker Travin Howard leads the Big 12 with 100 tackles. In conference play, he’s averaging 12.7 stops per game. He’s been in double figures in tackles in six straight games and is the first Horned Frog with consecutive seasons of 100 stops since Martin Patterson (2003-04).
* Kyle Hicks tops TCU in rushing (789) and is tied for the team lead in receptions (33). He is one of only five players nationally over 700 yards rushing and 300 receiving (340).
* KaVontae Turpin averages 17.0 yards each time he touches the ball.
* In his opening nine games at TCU, Kenny Hill has three of the top nine single-game passing yard totals.