Track & Field Bound For Waco
April 20, 2017
FORT WORTH, Texas – TCU track and field will take the trip down to Waco, Texas for the Michael Johnson Invitational hosted by Baylor on Saturday, April 22.
Action at Clyde Hart Track & Field Stadium will begin at 11 a.m. with the hammer throw. Running events are set to commence at 1 p.m. with the 1,500-meter race and will run until the 4x400-meter relay at 7:50 p.m.
Follow The Frogs
Frogs On Top
* TCU's 4x100 relay squad of Raymond Bozmans, junior Emeilo Ferguson, sophomore Darrion Flowers and junior Jalen Miller hold the NCAA's ninth-fastest time this season at 39.15. TCU’s time leads the Big 12 this season.
* Sophomore Brenley Goertzen ranks 12th in the NCAA after running a school-record and Big 12-leading 5,000-meter time of 15:51.78 at the Stanford Invitational.
* The 4x400 relay quartet of junior Kevin McClanahan, freshman Jostyn Andrews, freshman Ryan Champlin and Mokaleng rank 18th in the nation at 3:06.00. The mile relay group has the third-fastest time in the Big 12.
* Junior Briona Oliver recorded the NCAA’s No. 18 long jump at the Horned Frogs Invitational with a mark of 20 feet 7.75 inches (6.29 meters). Her mark ranks No. 5 on TCU’s all-time list. Oliver’s mark ranks No. 2 in the Big 12.
* Sophomore Darrion Flowers produced a personal-best time of 10.23 (w+2.8) in the 100 meters at the Horned Frogs Invitational, ranking 19th in the NCAA. Flowers’ time ranks second in the Big 12.
* Freshman Derrick Mokaleng ranks 20th in the nation in the 400 meters at 46.19 after setting a personal best by .54 seconds at the Jim Click Shootout.
* Junior Scotty Newton ranks 22nd in the country in the long jump with a mark of 25 feet 1.75 inches (7.66m).
* Sophomore Brittney Trought ranks 25th in the country in the 100 hurdles with a time of 13.31. Trought’s time is the second-fastest in the Big 12 this year.
The TCU men’s hammer throw squad ranks No. 6 in the country this season. Led by sophomore Fellan McGuigan at 211-6 (64.47m), the group holds an average of 194-5 (59.28m).
The TCU men’s 400 meter athletes also comprise the sixth-best group in the NCAA with an average time of 47.04.
Big 12 Champion
Keep `Em Coming
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB