Jan. 24, 2018
TCU Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
January 24, 2018 -- Manhattan, Kan. (Bramlage Coliseum)
#24 TCU (14-5, 5-3) -- 68,
Kansas State (11-9, 3-6) -- 63
* TCU's last five game winning streak came in the final five nonconference games of the 2013-14 season.
* TCU had already won four straight Big 12 games for the first time in program history and is now at five straight. TCU last won five consecutive conference games in 2010-11 when it opened Mountain West Conference play 6-0.
* TCU's best record through eight Big 12 games was previously a 4-4 mark in 2014-15. The Frogs are now 5-3 and tied with Oklahoma State for third place in the Big 12 standings.
* TCU, which won its last road game (at WVU), has won back-to-back Big 12 road games for the first time.
* TCU won its fifth game away from home this season, matching the program's most in its Big 12-era. The Frogs also won five away from home in 2013-14. TCU last won more than five away from home when it won eight in 2010-11.
* TCU last played a game as a ranked team on Nov. 27, 2010. The Frogs last win as a ranked team was at UTSA on Nov. 19, 2010 when the Frogs were ranked No. 23 in the AP Poll.
* TCU snapped a three-game losing streak against Kansas State and a three-game losing streak in Bramlage Coliseum. The Frogs are now 6-6 all-time against K-State, including 2-4 in Manhattan. Their last win in Bramlage Coliseum before Wednesday came on Mar. 3, 2014.
* The 63 points scored by Kansas State were the fewest allowed by the Frogs in a Big 12 game this season. The previous low came in their last game, a 76-66 win over Kansas last Saturday.
* With a 33-4 margin, TCU has now scored more bench points than its opponent in 18 consecutive games. The season opener against Oral Roberts is the only game TCU's bench hasn't outscored its opponent.
* The game was tied at halftime, 34-34, TCU's first tie at halftime this season. The Frogs are now 1-3 under Raegan Pebley when tied at halftime.
* For a third straight game TCU outscored its opponent in the third quarter. At 24-13, the 11-point differential was TCU's biggest in a third quarter in Big 12 play this season.
* TCU had a starting lineup of Jayde Woods, Kianna Ray, Sydney Coleman, Adeola Akomolafe and Jordan Moore for the first game this season. Ray replaced an injured Toree Thompson who had started every game this season.
* Missed game with injury. Had started every game this season. Just the second game she missed at TCU (played in 80 of 82).
* Scored 22 points on 6-of-10 shooting, including 3-of-3 from deep, with 7-of-7 free throws.
* Scored 20 points for the sixth time this season, four in Big 12 play, eighth time in her career.
* Double-figure scoring in 12 straight games; 18 of TCU's 19 games this season; 36 times in her career.
* Has scored 15 or more points 11 times in last 12 games.
* Veja Hamilton was last Frog to score in double-figures in 12 consecutive games, doing so in 13 straight from Dec. 31, 2014 to Feb. 11, 2015
* Tied career high with three 3-pointers. Also made three in her TCU debut against Incarnate Word last season.
* Scored 10 points, eight in the third quarter, including 3-pointers on back-to-back possessions.
* Entered the game 1-of-10 from 3-point range this season.
* Most points in a Big 12 game in her career. Second most in career with previous high being 11 points against Northwestern State.
* Double-figure scoring for the second time this season; also second time in her career.
* Scored eight points with team-high six assists and team-high three steals.
* Posted five or more assists for the seventh time in her 14 games this season; did so just three times all of last season.