Jan. 27, 2018
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
TCU Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
January 27, 2018 -- Fort Worth, Texas (Schollmaier Arena)
#24 TCU (15-5, 6-3) -- 62,
Oklahoma (10-11, 5-4) -- 58
* TCU last won six consecutive games in 2010-11 when it won eight consecutive from Dec. 30 to Jan. 22.
* TCU's last six-game conference winning streak was during that same streak. The final six games were TCU's first six games of Mountain West Play.
* In its five previous seasons in the Big 12, TCU's best record through nine games was 5-4 in 2014-15. The Frogs are now 6-3 at the halfway point of the conference season.
* TCU last played at home as a ranked team on Nov. 17, 2010, when the No. 23/25 Frogs beat SMU, 87-73, in double overtime. The Frogs are now 52-28 all-time as a ranked team, including 29-5 at home.
* TCU's three Big 12 losses this season have come against West Virginia, Kansas and Oklahoma. During their current six-game winning streak, the Frogs have now beaten all three.
* TCU snapped a seven-game losing streak against Oklahoma. The Frogs' last win came on Mar. 1, 2014, in Fort Worth.
* TCU allowed 58 points, its lowest in a Big 12 game since Feb. 29, 2016 in a 55-52 win over Kansas. The Frogs have allowed their fewest points in a Big 12 game this season in three straight games with 66 against Kansas last weekend and 63 at Kansas State on Wednesday.
* TCU's 32.8 percent (21-of-64) field goal percentage was its lowest of the season. Oklahoma's 35.1 percent (20-of-57) was the lowest the Frogs have allowed in a Big 12 game this season.
* TCU's 11 turnovers were its fewest in a Big 12 game this season and the second fewest overall. The Frogs had just seven turnovers in their win over Idaho.
* TCU is now 5-1 this season in games decided by six points or less, including four during their current six-game winning streak.
* With a 36-0 margin, TCU has now scored more bench points than its opponent in 19 consecutive games. The season opener against Oral Roberts is the only game TCU's bench hasn't outscored its opponent.
* TCU had a starting lineup of Jayde Woods, Kianna Ray, Sydney Coleman, Adeola Akomolafe and Jordan Moore for the second straight game.
* Scored all nine of her points in the final two minutes of the game.
* Scored TCU's final nine points.
* Scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting with two 3-pointers and team-high three steals.
* Double-figure scoring for the fifth time this season.
* Led TCU in scoring for the first time.
* Scored 11 points with team-high four assists.
* Played all 40 minutes, first Frog to do so since Ray herself played 40 minutes at Kansas last season.
* Double-figure scoring for the fifth time this season; fourth in Big 12 play; eighth time in her career.
* Scored eight points, all in the first half.
* Had scored just two points in previous five games combined.
* Scored six points with 11 rebounds.
* Double-digit rebounds for the third time this season; 12th time in her career.
* Scored five points with three assists.
* Snapped streak of 12 straight games scoring in double figures.
* Missed a second straight game with injury. Had started every prior game this season and is averaging 9.9 points per game.