Jan. 30, 2018
TCU Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
January 30, 2018 -- Ames, Iowa (Hilton Coliseum)
#22 TCU (16-5, 7-3) -- 75
Iowa State (9-13, 3-8) -- 52
* TCU has won seven consecutive games for the first time since 2010-11 when it won eight consecutive from Dec. 30 to Jan. 22.
* TCU has won seven consecutive conference games for the first time since 2007-08 when it won seven straight Mountain West games from Jan. 29 to Feb. 20.
* At 16-5, TCU has its best record through 21 games since also being 16-5 in 2009-10, the last season TCU played in the NCAA Championships.
* TCU's 7-3 Big 12 record is its best through 10 games in its six seasons in the conference. It's the Frogs best in any conference since an 8-2 mark in the Mountain West in 2010-11.
* TCU has won three straight road games for the first time since 2010-11 when it beat San Diego State, Wyoming and Utah during the above-mentioned eight-game winning streak.
* TCU won its sixth game away from Schollmaier Arena this season (four true road games, two neutral-court games). That is the program's most in its Big 12 era and the best since winning eight away from home in 2010-11.
* TCU finished with a 7-1 record in January, its best record in January since also going 7-1 in 2004-05.
* TCU has held four straight Big 12 opponents under 70 points for the first time since 2013-14 when the Frogs held 16 of 18 Big 12 opponents under 70.
* Iowa State's 52 points were the second fewest allowed by TCU all season (beat Northwestern State 89-51). The Cyclones scored with just three second remaining.
* With a 33-12 margin, TCU has now scored more bench points than its opponent in 20 consecutive games. The season opener against Oral Roberts is the only game TCU's bench hasn't outscored its opponent.
* Six different Frogs combined to made TCU's eight 3-pointers. The Frogs were 8-of-16, their fourth time making 50 percent or better with at least eight makes this season.
* TCU had a starting lineup of Jayde Woods, Kianna Ray, Sydney Coleman, Adeola Akomolafe and Jordan Moore for the second straight game.
* Scored 25 points on 8-of-14 shooting and 9-of-9 free throws. Also had team-high six rebounds.
* Most points in a Big 12 game in her career. Previous high was 19, which she did so in home wins over Texas and Kansas this season.
* Fourth career 20-point game, all this season. The most 20-point games by a TCU center since Sandora Irvin had 20 during her 2004-05 All-America season.
* Double-figure scoring for the 16th time this season; 39th time in her career.
* Nine made free throws set a new career-high. Nine attempts fell one shy of career-high.
* Scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, including 2-of-3 3-pointers.
* Double-figure scoring for the 11th time this season; 18th time in her career.
* Returned after missing last two games due to injury.
* Came off the bench and played 19 minutes. Scored eight points including two 3-pointers.
* Had started all 18 games and was averaging 9.9 points per game before injury.
* Made 2-of-2 from the free throw line, extending her streak to 22 consecutive free throws made. Last miss came in the second quarter of TCU's Jan. 10 win over Texas.