Feb. 3, 2018
TCU Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
February 3, 2018 – Austin, Texas (Frank Erwin Center)
#22 TCU (16-6, 7-4) – 65
#8 Texas (18-4, 9-2) – 92
* TCU’s seven-game winning streak was snapped. It was the Frogs longest streak since an eight-game streak in 2010-11.
* At 16-6, TCU has its best record through 22 games since being 17-5 in 2009-10, the last season TCU played in the NCAA Championships.
* TCU’s 7-4 Big 12 record is its best through 11 games in its six seasons in the conference. It’s the Frogs best in any conference since a 9-2 mark in the Mountain West in 2010-11.
* TCU is now 3-40 all-time against Texas with all three wins coming since the Frogs joined the Big 12 Conference, including a win earlier this season in Fort Worth. All three TCU wins have come in Fort Worth as the Frogs are 0-20 all-time in Austin.
* With a 38-32 margin, TCU has now scored more bench points than its opponent in 21 consecutive games. The season opener against Oral Roberts is the only game TCU's bench hasn't outscored its opponent.
* Texas’ 92 points were the most allowed by the Frogs this season.
* Texas’ 27 points in the first quarter were tied for the most allowed by TCU in a first quarter this season, while TCU’s four first-quarter points were its fewest in any quarter this season.
* TCU committed just 12 turnovers, their second fewest in a Big 12 game, but seven of those turnovers came in the first quarter.
* ESPN’s College Game Day show aired from the Erwin Center and concluded one hour before tipoff. Much of the crowded assembled for the show stayed for the game, accounting for a portion of the announced attendance of 6,023.
* TCU had a starting lineup of Jayde Woods, Kianna Ray, Sydney Coleman, Adeola Akomolafe and Jordan Moore for the fourth straight game.
* Scored career-high 18 points including 8-of-8 free throws with two steals.
* Previous career high was 15 points against Hampton. Previous Big 12 best was 12 points against Texas Tech and Oklahoma.
* Double-figure scoring for the sixth time in her freshman season.
* Eight free throw makes and eight attempts were also career highs.
* Scored 13 points on 6-of-14 shooting.
* Double-figure scoring for the 19th time in TCU’s 22 games; 38th time in her career.
* Made 1-of-1 from the free throw line, extending her streak to 24 consecutive free throws made. Last miss came in the second quarter of TCU's Jan. 10 win over Texas.