Dec. 6, 2017
TCU Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
TCU (6-2) at #21 Texas A&M (7-2) – Reed Arena
Maggie Dixon Classic
#21 Texas A&M 71, TCU 58
* For the first time this season, the Frogs failed to record more assists than turnovers. TCU had 12 assists and 12 turnovers. TCU entered as the only team in the Big 12 to have more assists than turnovers in every game this season.
* TCU’s 58 points overall and 10 third-quarter points were both season lows.
* The Frogs made just 2-of-16 3-pointers, their fewest this season and tied for the fewest in Raegan Pebley’s four seasons at TCU. The Frogs also had two at Oklahoma on Feb. 6, 2016.
* The two teams combined for just three 3-pointers, the fewest in a game in Raegan Pebley’s four seasons at TCU. The previous low was five against Texas Southern on Nov. 22, 2014.
* TCU played in the Maggie Dixon Classic for the first time. The event is in its 13th season honoring the late Maggie Dixon, sister of TCU men's head coach Jamie Dixon. Maggie died on April 6, 2006 of an arrhythmia, just weeks after leading Army West Point to its first NCAA Tournament in her first season as a head coach.
* The game was also Texas A&M’s Elementary School Game with an announced crowd of 7,480 consisting mostly of school children. It was TCU’s second such game after hosting Fort Worth ISD Day last week.
* TCU had a starting lineup of Amber Ramirez, Toree Thompson, Dakota Vann, Jayde Woods and Jordan Moore for the third straight game.
* TCU is now 4-36 all-time against Texas A&M, including 0-20 in College Station. The Aggies have won seven straight games in the series, with TCU’s last win coming on Dec. 12, 2009, in Fort Worth.
* Scored 11 points with nine rebounds.
* Sixth double-figure scoring game this season and the 29th of her career.
* Led TCU in rebounds for the fourth time this season and 26th time in her career
* Blocked one shots and now has at least one block in 11 consecutive games, dating back to last season.
* Scored 19 points with seven rebounds.
* Seventh double-figure scoring game this season, most on the team, and 26th time in her career.
* Led TCU in scoring for third time this season and ninth time in career.
* Scored nine points with six rebounds and five assists.
* Led TCU in assists for the second time in her three games this season.
* Recorded two steals and is the only Frog with at least one steal in every game this season.
* Did not make a 3-pointer for the first time this season.