Dec. 20, 2017
Box Score |
TCU Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
TCU (9-2) 90, Hampton (2-7) 68 -- Schollmaier Arena
* With a 9-2 record, the Frogs have completed nonconference play with two or fewer losses for the first time since 2003-04 when they went 11-2.
* TCU won its final game before Christmas break for the seventh straight season. The Frogs’ last loss was in 2010 to Georgia.
* Scored 80-plus points in three straight games for the first time since the first three games of the 2015-16 season.
* Made 11-of-21 3-pointers, giving them 10 or more for the third time this season. 52.4 percent tied season-high percentage (also 11-of-21 vs Idaho).
* Recorded 24 assists. Third straight game with 20-plus and fifth time this season.
* TCU outrebounded Hampton 42-20 with the plus-22 margin tying for it’s highest of the season (54-32 vs Southeastern Louisiana).
* TCU is the only Big 12 team yet to have more turnovers than assists in a game this season.
* Amy Okonkwo and Amber Ramirez are the first Frog teammates with 30-point games in the same season since Adrianne Ross and Lorie Butler-Rayford did so in back-to-back games in 2007-08.
* TCU had a starting lineup of Amber Ramirez, Toree Thompson, Kianna Ray, Jayde Woods and Jordan Moore for the second straight game.
* Scored career-high 31 points (11-14 FG, 2-3 3FG, 7-8 FT) with seven rebounds in 19 minutes
* 27th 3-point game in TCU history, and second this season (Ramirez, 33, Southeastern Louisiana).
* 20-plus points for the second time this season, fourth time in her career.
* Double-figure scoring for team-high 10th time this season, 29th time in career.
* Had 18 points at halftime.
* Scored 18 points with 6-of-9 from long range.
* Double-figure scoring for sixth time this season, 13th time in career.
* Third game this season with at least five 3-pointers, fourth time in her career. Had 10 career games with three of more 3-pointers.
* Made 5-of-5 3-pointers in the first quarter.
* Scored season-high 15 points (5-7 FG) in team-high 29 minutes.
* Double-figure scoring for third time this season.
* With two blocks, now has at least one block in 14 consecutive games, dating back to last season.
* Record team-high seven assists, one shy of a career high
* Recorded five or more assists for fourth time in her six games this season; did so three times all of last season.