Preview: Battle at the Beach
Nov. 2, 2017
FORT WORTH, Texas -- The TCU women's golf team, coming off a runner-up finish at last week's Maryb S. Kauth Invitational in San Antonio, will look to continue its momentum when it begins play Friday at the Battle at the Beach in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.
HOW TO FOLLOW
WHEN LAST IN ACTION
Emmy Martin tied a TCU record for 54-hole score with a 6-under 210. The senior from Odessa, Fla., is one of four Horned Frogs to shoot a 210. However, she's the only one to do it twice. The most recent 210 had been by Annika Clark at this year's season-opening Jim West Challenge.
Martin carded a second round 7-under 65, tying for the second-best round all-time at TCU.
Clark tied for ninth with a 2-under 214. The junior from Highlands, Texas, recorded her fifth career top-10 result.
QUOTING THE COACH
* Martin is ranked 27th nationally by Golfstat with a team-best 70.9 stroke average, two shots below her 72.9 mark from a year ago that set a TCU season record. She has back-to-back top-10 finishes this fall while shooting par in six of her nine rounds.
* Clark is rated 40th in the country by Golfstat. She has a career-best 71.4 stroke average and three top-20 finishes this fall.
* Grace Do, the Horned Frogs' lone freshman, has a 74.9 stroke average. The Coppell, Texas, native had a career-best tie for 17th at the Maryb S. Kauth Invitational.
* In her TCU debut, Greta Bruner had a 4-over 220 to tie for 21st at the Maryb S. Kauth Invitational.
* Brooke McDougald has played in all three fall tournaments and has a career-best 74.8 stroke average.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB