Jessi Moore Leads Frogs To 3-1 Victory

Sept. 5, 2004

FORT WORTH, Texas - Jessi Moore had a career day for the Frogs as she led them to their second victory of the season, a 3-1 win over the Jacksonville State Gamecocks. Moore tallied five points in the contest with two goals and an assist. Katy Buchanan made three stops for the Frogs to help lead them to victory. The Frogs were offensive-minded from the get-go as they had early chances to jump out to the lead. Just three minutes into the half, Amy Van Zandt challenged the goalkeeper, beating her, only to see the ball trickle just out of reach for the empty-net goal. Van Zandt recovered and fed the ball to Moore in the middle of the box. Moore was unable to get a good kick on the ball and it went wide. Jacksonville State had their chances on two consecutive corner kicks, but Buchanan snuffed the second corner as she came out to intercept the crossing feed from Dausha Hudack, ending the threat. The Frogs finally cracked the scoreboard in the 23rd minute. For the second time this season a Frog was hauled down in the penalty box. Moore made the foul pay as she buried it over the goalkeeper, Amanda Stephens' head for the 1-0 lead. Fifteen minutes later, the Frogs looked like they were going to take a 2-0 lead, but some lucky scrambling by Stephens kept the Gamecock deficit at one. Breanne Kaldheim blasted a shot from just outside the penalty area that ringed off the crossbar. Cara Toulouse was there for the rebound, but she shot it right into the chest of Stephens. The Gamecocks spent some time in the offensive zone, but were only able to get one shot off. Buchanan was there for the save. The second half proved to be the most offensive for the Frogs. The Frogs were pushing for the two-goal lead and finally capitalized in the 69th minute. Moore fed a pass to Toulouse at midfield and she took it all the way to goal, beating Elizabeth Selasky high to the right side for a 2-0 TCU lead. Ten minutes later, the Gamecocks made it interesting as they put a goal on the board. The Gamecocks got the ball deep in the offensive zone and it bounced around before Christina Balint was able to corral it and shot it past Buchanan, breaking the shutout. Seven minutes later, the Frogs got the two-goal lead back as Moore connected for the second time. Van Zandt got the ball down deep, but was unable to get a good shot. She passed the ball back to Angie Nickens in the middle of the field. Nickens fed the ball back to Van Zandt who one-touched it over to Moore. Moore blasted the shot over the goalkeeper's head for a 3-1 lead. TCU outshot to Gamecocks 14-7 and 6-4 in shots on goal. The Frogs will return to the pitch on Friday for the start of a five-game road-swing. The Frogs head to Waco, Texas to take on the Baylor Bears. Game time is set for 7:00.



  • Loading Tweets...
    1 second ago
Academics @TCUAASO
Baseball @TCU_Baseball
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
Equestrian @TCUWEquestrian
Football @TCUFootball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
Rifle @TCURifle
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
Soccer @TCUSoccer
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB
Volleyball @TCUvolleyball