Aug. 24, 2017
TCU Horned Frogs
(2-0-0, 0-0-0 Big 12 Conference)
(1-0-1, 0-0-0 Pac 12)
August 25, 2017 | 5:30 p.m. CT | Boulder, Colo. | Prentup Field
FORT WORTH - The TCU women's soccer team will hit the road for the first time this season when they head to Colorado for a pair of matches. Friday will pit the Horned Frogs against the Buffalos at 5:30 p.m. (CT) on the Pac 12 Network. The weekend concludes Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. (CT) at Northern Colorado.
• TCU was one of 39 teams nationally to record back-to-back shutouts to open the season.
• The Horned Frogs had the second-most productive offensive output in the nation, scoring 10 goals and registering 15 assists for 35 points in the opening weekend.
• Emma Heckendorn tallied two assists over the weekend to bring her to 18 career assists, a mark that is tied for the most in program history.
• McKenzie Oliver (Player of the Week) and Natalee Heiser (Freshman of the Week) were recognized by the league for their efforts over the weekend.
• Four Horned Frogs (Tara Smith, Danielle Eule, Karitas Tomasdottir and Natalee Heiser) each scored their first career goals over the weekend.
• Colorado was also one of the 39 teams nationally to post a pair of shutouts in opening the season with a 1-0-1 record.
• Both games the Buffalos played went to double overtime resulting in a tie at Colorado State and a 1-0 win on a goal from Taylor Kornieck against Colorado College on Sunday.
• Jalen Tompkins started both games in goal before giving way to Scout Watson in the second half.
TCU VS. COLORADO SERIES HISTORY
• The Buffalos are one of five new teams on the TCU schedule this season including ULM, Ball State, Northeastern and Kansas State.
• TCU is 1-0 against new opponents this year, defeating ULM 5-0 in the season-opener.
NORTHERN COLORADO NOTABLES
• The Bears went 2-0 on the weekend with a 3-1 win over Colorado College and a 2-0 victory over Air Force.
• Brooke Braden led the offensive charge with two of Northern Colorado’s five goals.
• Madeline Burdick has played all 180:00 minutes in goals making a combined six saves.
TCU VS. NORTHERN COLORADO SERIES HISTORY
• Northern Colorado won the only previous meeting between the two schools by a 3-0 score on Sept. 13, 1987.
• The game was played in Denver, Colo. on the Colorado College campus.
REACHING THE TOP
In 2016, Emma Heckendorn put her stamp on the record book with nine assists, the most-ever in a single season.
Entering the season, Heckendorn needed just two assists to tie the career assist record. She wasted little time, tallying an assist in each of the first two games of the season, tying Allison Calleri’s (1996-99) school-record 18 career assists.
A WEEKEND OF FIRSTS
TCU netted 10 goals over the by eight different players. Five Horned Frogs scored their first career goals over the weekend. Scoring their first career goals in Friday’s win were Danielle Eule, Natalee Heiser and Yazmeen Ryan. Tara Smith and Karitas Tomasdottir connected for their first career tallies on Sunday.
TCU welcomed 15 new faces in the fall in addition to one redshirt. Of those 16 athletes, 15 made their collegiate debuts over the weekend. Four new faces (Yazmeen Ryan, Danielle Eule, Tijana Djuricek and Ariana Owens) all earned their first career starts.
When TCU takes to the road this weekend, three members of the team will be heading to their home state of Colorado.
Kayla Hill (Highlands Ranch), Ryan Williams (Centennial) and Courtney Koplyay (Fort Collins) will be playing in their home state for the first time in their collegiate careers.
TCU netted 10 goals in the first two games of the season, the fourth-most among NCAA teams. The Frogs tallied 15 assists in the two games, the most in the nation. TCU’s combined point total of 35 points was the second-most nationally.