Sept. 13, 2017
TCU Horned Frogs
(5-2-0, 0-0-0 Big 12 Conference)
(3-1-2, 0-0-0 American Athletic)
September 14, 2017 | 7 p.m. CT | Dallas, Texas | Westcott Field
FORT WORTH - TCU will hit the road for its final two regular season matches starting Thursday night at SMU at 7. The road trip concludes Sunday afternoon at Stephen F. Austin with the match set for a 1 p.m. start.
• TCU saw its three match winning streak come to an end with a 2-1 loss against Northeastern.
• TCU outshot its opponent for the fourth time this season.
• TCU’s 22 assists on the season rank 8th nationally.
• Allison Ganter continues her torrid scoring streak with her fifth of the season. She has scored TCU’s last four goals.
• Ganter’s goal in Friday’s tilt was her 17th career goal, moving her into a tie for ninth all-time with Jill Cook (1997-98).
• Ryan Williams assisted on the lone goal, her sixth of the season, a new career high.
• SMU saw its five match undefeated streak come to an end with a 1-0 loss to Indiana on Friday.
• The Mustangs are receiving votes in the soccer polls.
• Vanessa Valadez leads the Mustangs with three goals on the season, while Haley Thompson leads with three assists.
• Catie Brown has played all but 12 minutes in goal this season. She owns a 0.62 GAA and an .818 save percentage.
TCU VS. SMU SERIES HISTORY
• SMU and TCU are meeting for the 33rd time with the Mustangs leading 27-3-2 and 13-1-0 in Dallas.
• TCU owns a three match winning streak in the series.
• The series dates back to TCU’s inaugural season in 1986. The two teams met every year until 2001, then played 2002-2007 before a four year break. The current series resumed in 2012.
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN NOTABLES
• Stephen F. Austin has played six one-goal games this season, entering the weekend with a 3-3 record.
• Five of the six matches have been on the road this season where the Ladyjacks own a 2-3 record.
• Three Ladyjacks have two goals each, while Hannah Baker leads all offensive players with seven points (2 G, 3 A).
• Allyson Smith and Madeline Talbot have played equal time in goal with identical numbers.
TCU VS. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN SERIES HISTORY
• TCU and SFA are meeting for the ninth time in program history. The Horned Frogs lead the series 6-2-0.
• The Ladyjacks have won the last two meetings with the last one coming on Aug. 26, 2012.
• TCU is 2-1-0 all-time in Nacogdoches, including a 3-2 loss in its last appearance there on Sept. 16, 2011.
ON THE RISE
Ryan Williams has put together a career year already just seven games into the season. She has amassed a career-high six assists, a mark that ranks second nationally, this season. She has steadily climbed the career charts and now finds herself tied for third all-time with 15 career assists.
Over the last season-plus, Allison Ganter has found the right touch, collecting seven game-winning goals. She has three this season to tie for the fifth in the nation. In her career, eight of her 17 goals have been game-winners. She enters Thursday’s tilt having scored the last four goals for TCU. Additionally, she added an assist to give her points on each of the last five goals scored spanning three matches.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
TCU will hit the road for just the third and fourth time this season. The Frogs went 1-1 on their first road trip of the season in Colorado. The Horned Frogs are 14-20-7 on the road under the guidance of head coach Eric Bell.