Preview: vs. Kansas and Kansas State
Sept. 21, 2017
TCU Horned Frogs
(6-3-0, 0-0-0 Big 12 Conference)
(5-4-1, 0-0-0 Big 12)
FORT WORTH - TCU kicks off its sixth season of Big 12 play Friday night when it hosts Kansas at 6 p.m. The weekend continues Sunday afternoon against Kansa State at 1 p.m. Friday's match will be televised on FSSW and Sunday's on FSSW+.
• TCU wrapped up its non-conference schedule with a 6-3-0 mark.
• The Horned Frogs boast one of the top offenses in the league, ranking second with 21 total goals and 67 points, while ranking first in assists with 25.
• Tijana Djuricek and Ariana Owens each earned their first career points in the Frogs’ 4-0 win at Stephen F. Austin.
• Katie Lund registered her third shutout of the season in Sunday’s win.
• Allison Ganter continues leading the league with 14 total points.
• Ryan Williams ranks sixth nationally with six assists this season.
• After opening the season 5-1-1, Kansas has dropped its last three games, including a pair of one-goal losses at Utah and BYU last weekend.
• The Jayhawks are in the midst of a five-match road trip.
• Kansas’ schedule, which has featured four ranked teams, ranks 26th nationally. The Jayhawks are 1-3-0 in those games.
• Grace Hagan is the top offensive threat with 5 goals and 3 assists for 13 points.
• Maddie Dobyns has played all but one half in goal this season. She is tied for the Big 12 lead with 42 saves.
TCU VS. KANSAS SERIES HISTORY
• TCU and Kansas will be meeting for the seventh time in program history and the sixth time in the regular season.
• Kansas holds a 3-2-1 lead in the series.
• TCU won the previous meeting, taking a 1-0 victory over the Jayhawks in its opening game of the 2016 Big 12 Tournament.
KANSAS STATE NOTABLES
• Kansas State enters the weekend riding a two-match winning streak.
• The Wildcats have played five matches away from home this season and are 2-2-1 in those contests.
• Brookelyn Entz paces the team offensively with three goals. She has also contributed an assist for a total of seven points.
• Hannah Davis is the reigning Big 12 Freshman of the Week after recording a goal and an assist over the weekend.
• Miranda Larkin has played every minute in goal for the Wildcats this year and is also tied for the Big 12 lead with 42 saves.
TCU VS. KANSAS STATE SERIES HISTORY
• The Huskies are one of five new teams on the TCU schedule this season including ULM, Colorado, Ball State and Northeastern.
• TCU is 2-2 against new opponents this year, including a 2-1 mark at home.
BETTER IN PAIRS
Natalee Heiser jumped up to second in goal scoring for the Horned Frogs with two goals in Sunday’s win. It marks her second match this season with a two-goal game as she netted two in the win over ULM. She has been efficient with her shots, scoring four times on just six shots on goal.
Sunday’s win was a memorable one for a pair of freshmen as they picked up their first career points. Tijana Djuricek assisted on a pair of goals, while Ariana Owens tallied her first career assist on Natalee Heiser’s second goal of the match.
TCU boasts the second-best offense in the Big 12 with an average of 7.44 points per game and 2.33 goals per game. Fourteen Horned Frogs have contributed to TCU’s 67 total points this season. Eight Frogs have scored a goal, while 11 have registered at least one assist.
CORNER TO CORNER
The Horned Frogs are one of the top teams in the country in generating corner kicks. TCU averages 7.67 corner kicks per match, a mark that ranks seventh nationally and second in the Big 12. Nine different Horned Frogs have taken a corner kick this season. Kayla Hill leads the way with 24, but in Sunday’s tilt at SFA, Tijana Djuricek took all 10. Two were converted into goals.
HOME SWEET HOME
The Horned Frogs are off to a 4-1 start at home this season. Garvey-Rosenthal has become quite the home field advantage the last two-plus seasons. The Frogs are 17-5-3 at home since the start of the 2015 season. In 2016, TCU tied the school-record for home victories with seven. The Frogs also won seven games in 2008.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB