Oct. 12, 2017
TCU Horned Frogs
(9-4-1, 3-1-1 Big 12 Conference)
(2-9-4, 0-2-3 Big 12)
FORT WORTH - The TCU women's soccer team makes a brief return home for a Friday night match-up against Oklahoma. Game time is set for 7 p.m. at Garvey-Rosenthal.
• A goal late in regulation scored by Karitas Tomasdottir helped TCU to a tie at No. 7 Texas on Friday night.
• The Horned Frogs played in their fourth overtime game of the season at Texas. TCU is 7-1-3 in its last 11 overtime contests dating back the start of the 2016 season.
• TCU was outshot in a game for just the fourth time this season at Texas.
• TCU and Texas are tied for the Big 12 lead with 110 corner kicks taken. The Frogs’ average of 7.86 corners per game rank fifth nationally.
• Emma Heckendorn has led TCU in shots in each of the last three games and seven times this season. She ranks sixth in the league with 41 shots this year.
• Katie Lund ranks second in the Big 12 and is on pace to set a TCU record with her 0.50 goals against average. It also ranks 14th nationally.
• The Sooners are winless in their last eight games (0-5-3) heading into Friday night’s match.
• Oklahoma played a three straight 0-0 draws before dropping a 5-1 contest at West Virginia in its last outing.
• The Sooners have been shutout nine times this season.
• Kaylee Dao has played a part in four of the eight goals scored by the Sooners this season. She has a team-high three goals and one assist.
• Dao has tallied both of Oklahoma’s game-winning goals this season.
• McKinley Crone has played every minute in goal for the Sooners this season.
• Crone leads the Big 12 with 81 saves this season.
TCU VS. OKLAHOMA SERIES HISTORY
• TCU and Oklahoma are meeting for the 14th time in program history.
• The series dates back to the 1997 campaign when the Horned Frogs took a 2-0 win over the Sooners in Fort Worth.
• The series is dead-even at 2-2-2 in games played in Fort Worth.
• The Frogs dropped a 1-0 decision on a penalty kick early in the match in Norman a year ago.
A CAREER YEAR
Karitas Tomasdottir has put together a solid junior campaign. Her goal with less than six minutes remaining at Texas helped the Frogs to a 1-1 tie against the 7th-ranked Longhorns.
She has scored all four of her career goals this season. Two goals have tied the game, while one stood up as the game-winner.
Tomasdottir leads all non-defenders with 1,208 minutes played. She has played the entirety of eight matches this season.
Kayla Hill, Tara Smith and Allison Ganter have been key contributors to TCU’s 3-0-1 record in overtime contests this season. Hill was the latest to score in the extra session as her first goal of the year beat Texas Tech.
TCU played in its fourth overtime game on Friday night, coming away with a 1-1 tie. TCU has won seven of its last 11 overtime games dating back to the start of the 2016 campaign. The Frogs are 7-1-3 in those 11 games.
TCU boasts the second-best offense in the Big 12 with an average of 5.43 points per game and 1.79 goals per game.
Fourteen Horned Frogs have contributed to TCU’s 76 total points this season. Nine Frogs have scored a goal, while 11 have registered at least one assist.
In the loss to Oklahoma State, the Horned Frogs surrendered a pair of second-half goals. Those were the first and only two allowed after halftime this season. The Frogs have outscored the opposition 14-2 after halftime. TCU has allowed no more than two goals in a game this season. The Frogs have held opponents to one or no goals in 12 of the 14 games played this season.
CORNER TO CORNER
The Horned Frogs are one of the top teams in the country in generating corner kicks. TCU averages 7.86 corner kicks per match, a mark that ranks fifth nationally and second in the Big 12. The 110 total corner kicks taken are the tied for the fifth-most in the NCAA.
At Texas Tech, TCU registered its sixth shutout of the season. It was the Frogs fourth shutout in the last six games. Since Eric Bell came to TCU in 2012, the Frogs have notched 41 shutouts. TCU has recorded a school-record eight shutouts in three different seasons (2012, 2015 and 2016).
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB