TCU Hosts Texas In Final Regular Season Match
Oct. 27, 2016
(9-5-2, 1-5-1 Big 12)
(8-8-1, 1-5-1 Big 12)
FORT WORTH - The TCU women's soccer team will wrap up regular season play Friday night when it hosts Texas at 7 p.m. Prior to the start of the match, TCU will honor its seven seniors.
• TCU got back in the mix for the conference tournament with a 1-0 win over Texas Tech on Sunday.
• TCU registered its seventh shutout of the season.
• The fourth-largest crowd (2,538) in program history was on hand to watch the TCU victory.
• TCU is 12-3-3 at home over the last two seasons.
• Brittany Little scored her second game-winning goal of the season.
• Michelle Prokof notched her third assist of the season to move her career point total to 64, a mark that ranks third all-time in program history.
• Katie Lund has started and played the entirety of the last four matches.
• Lund made one save en route to her second complete-game shutout.
• Lund also notched a career-high seven saves against West Virginia.
• Texas is 2-3 in its last five matches. The stretch comes on the heels of three straight overtime games that saw the Longhorns go 0-2-1.
• Texas dropped a 1-0 decision to No. 1 West Virginia in its last game.
• The Longhorns are just 1-3-1 away from home this season, including 0-2-1 against league foes.
• Alexa Adams leads the Longhorns with five goals and two assists.
• Olivia Brook is the sister of TCU senior forward Audrey Brook.
• In goal, Paige Brown has started 14 games and has registered four of the Longhorns five shutouts.
TCU-TEXAS SERIES NOTABLES
• TCU and Texas will be meeting on the soccer pitch for the 18th time on Friday night.
• The series, knotted at 8-8-1, dates back to the 1986 season.
• TCU vs. Texas is the fifth-most played series in program history.
• Since TCU joined the Big 12, the series sits a 2-2-1.
• TCU owns a 7-3 mark against the Longhorns in Fort Worth.
• Texas took a 3-0 victory from the Horned Frogs in the last meeting on Oct. 11, 2015.
• TCU won the last meeting at Garvey-Rosenthal, 3-1.
Prior to Friday’s math, TCU will honor its seven seniors. This special group mark the first signing class under the guidance of coach Eric Bell and staff. Five of the seven have spent their entire careers at TCU. TCU has tallied 31 victories over the last four seasons. Along the way, they’ve helped lead TCU to 26 shutouts.
Brittany Little came up huge once again, netting the game-winning goal against Texas Tech on Sunday. The goal is her second of the season. Both goals have stood up as the game-winnners. Similar to Sunday’s win, her other goal came in a 1-0 win over Oral Roberts on Sept. 11.
TCU has received significant contributions off the bench this season. The bench has produced 11 goals and five assists this year. Faith Hill leads all goal-scorers with six, followed closely by Allison Ganter’s five.
HOME SWEET HOME
Garvey-Rosenthal has been a tough place for opponents over the last two seasons. Since joining the Big 12, TCU has won the attendance crown all four seasons. This year, the Frogs are one of three programs to draw over 1,000 fans per match. Since the start of the 2015 campaign, TCU is 12-3-3 at home.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB