Regular Season Concludes At Kansas
Oct. 29, 2015
FORT WORTH - TCU soccer's regular season finale at Kansas will have a lot on the line as both teams will be jockeying for position in the upcoming Big 12 Tournament. Game time is set for 7 p.m. at Rock Chalk Park.
• TCU picked up two big points over the weekend with ties against Oklahoma and Baylor. The two points in the standing have pushed the Frogs’ up to seventh place and just one point behind Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Kansas heading into the final weekend.
• TCU could finish as high as fourth place depending on the outcomes of the other matches this weekend.
• Courtney Hofer returned in a starting role between the pipes and stopped eight of nine shots that came her way in posting an 0-0-2 record.
• TCU finished its home schedule with a 6-1-2 record.
• The Horned Frogs were unbeaten in their final five home matches (3-0-2).
• With 91 points on the season, TCU has posted the fifth-most points in a single season.
• TCU tied the school-record with its eighth shutout of the season on Sunday against Oklahoma. The mark was set both in 1988 and 2012.
• Kansas is winless in its last three matches and has been outscored 9-0 in that stretch.
• The Jayhawks dropped a 2-0 decision at Oklahoma State in its last match.
• Kansas has played six overtime contests this season and owns a 3-2-1 record in those matches.
• Liana Salazar and Grace Hagan are tied for the team lead with four goals each, while Salazar has a quartet of assists to give her the team’s points lead (12).
• Ashley Williams (3) and Parker Roberts (3) own six of the Jayhawks’ eight game-winning goals.
• Maddie Dobyns has played all but 58 minutes in goal for the Jayhawks this season.
• Dobyns has registered five shutouts and owns a 1.17 goals against average to go along with a .759 save percentage.
SERIES HISTORY NOTABLES
• Kansas and TCU will be meeting for the fourth time in program history.
• All three previous meetings have come since TCU joined the Big 12 in 2012.
• Kansas owns a 2-1 record in the short lifespan of the series.
• The road team has been victorious in all three previous meetings.
• Kansas took a 3-2 overtime decision in Fort Worth in 2012 and won 2-0 in 2014 in Fort Worth.
• TCU’s lone victory in the series came in 2013 when it took a 1-0 victory on a goal from Kelly Johnson.
With a goal and an assist in the tie against Baylor, the 2015 Horned Frogs became the fifth-best scoring team in school history. The Frogs have 91 points this season, moving into the top five past the 1990 squad that finished the season with 88 points.
TCU has scored 30 goals and tallied 31 assists on the season. The 31 assists are tied for the second most all time with the 1996 team.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
TCU is set to close out the regular season on the road at Kansas. The Frogs are 2-6- away from home this season and 0-3-0 in Big 12 play.
Offense has been an issue away from home as the Frogs have scored just seven goals and have been shutout four times. Emma Heckendorn has been the bright spot on the road with three goals and an assist. Opponents have scored 16 of the 19 goals allowed by the Frogs away from home.
CLIMBING THE CHARTS
Makenzie Koch’s game-tying goal in the 86th minute against Baylor was her second of the season and the 13th of her career.
She has three assists this season to give her 15 for her career, a mark that ranks third all-time. Combined with her 13 goals, Koch has 41 career points, tying Jessi Moore’s career total set from 2003-04. It’s the ninth-best career total in school history.
FINDING HER RHYTHM
Courtney Hofer returned to the starting goalkeeper role this past weekend and helped TCU to a pair of ties. She stopped eight of nine shots that came her way and picked up her first career complete game shutout.
After allowing eight goals in her first three starts this season, she has rebounded with an impressive streak in goal. She made three relief appearances and allowed just one goal. She has allowed just two goals in her last 333 minutes in goal.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB