Preview: Big 12 Championship Game
Nov. 4, 2017
TCU Horned Frogs
KANSAS CITY - The TCU Horned Frogs will play in the Big 12 Championship game for the second straight season on Sunday when they take on Baylor. Game time from Swope Soccer Village is set for 3 p.m. The game will be televised on FS1.
• TCU’s 12 wins are tied for the second-most in program history (2016).
• TCU is playing in its third tournament championship game in program history.
• This year’s senior class earned its 40th career win with an overtime victory against Baylor on in the regular season finale, extending their record for the most wins in a four-year period in program history.
• TCU moved to 5-0-3 in overtime this season with back-to-back ties in the Big 12 Tournament.
• The eight overtimes played by TCU this year are a school record.
• TCU has outscored opponents 20-6 in the final half of the match.
• Allison Ganter has moved into a tie for eighth all-time in career goals with 18 (Allison Calleri, 1996-99) and ninth all-time with 46 career points.
• Emma Heckendorn is now tied for fifth all-time with 54 career points (Allison Calleri, 1996-99).
TCU VS. BAYLOR NOTABLES
• Baylor and TCU will be meeting for the 19th time on the pitch.
• Baylor leads the all-time series 10-4-4.
• TCU topped the Bears by a 2-1 score in overtime in the regular season finale on Oct. 27.
• Five of the last six meetings have gone to overtime with three ending in ties.
• Since joining the Big 12 in 2012, TCU is 2-4-3 against the Bears.
• The series is tied at 1-1-1 in neutral site games, all three of which have come in the Big 12 Tournament.
• TCU and Baylor are meeting in the conference tournament for the third time (2012, 2015) and the second time in a championship game (2012).
• TCU and Baylor are meeting for the second straight season in the conference tournament. The Frogs rallied for a 3-2 win over the Bears in the semifinals last season.
PILING UP Ws
The senior quartet of Emma Heckendorn, Allison Ganter, Ryan Williams and Tanner Wallace have seen more victories in their career than any other group of seniors. They have led TCU to 40 victories over the last four years.
TCU has racked up the assists this season. The 33 total assists are tied for the third-most in program history (2015). Eleven Horned Frogs have contributed assists this season, led by six each from seniors Emma Heckendorn and Ryan Williams.
CLIMBING THE CHARTS
Emma Heckendorn’s assault on the record books continued this week as she tallied a pair of assists. She became the all-time assist leader in TCU’s win over Ball State with her 19th career assist, surpassing Allison Calleri’s (1996-99) previous record 18. She now has 22 in her career.
Additionally, she has wasted little time climbing the points charts, cracking the top 10. Her two assists this week give her 54 career points moving her into a tie for fifth place all-time on the TCU career charts (Allison Calleri, 1996-99).
TCU played in its eighth overtime game on Friday night, coming away with a 1-1 tie. TCU has won nine of its last 15 overtime games dating back to the start of the 2016 campaign. The Frogs are 9-1-5 in those 15 games.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB