Oct. 29, 2009
FORT WORTH, Texas -
The TCU volleyball team will look to continue their winning ways as they take their four-match winning streak on the road for two conference matches. The road trip begins with a 9 p.m. (CST) first serve against San Diego State on Thursday and wraps up with a 2 p.m. (CST) match at Air Force on Saturday. The Frogs are 19-5 on the season and sit in second place with an 8-2 conference mark.
* With two big wins last week, the Horned Frogs moved into sole possession of second place in the league with an 8-2 record.
* The Frogs have won four straight all of which were sweeps.
* Megan Munce had a terrific weekend and earned MWC Player of the Week honors.
* The Frogs are the top defensive team with an average of 15.98 digs per set, more than a dig a set higher than the next closest leader.
SAN DIEGO STATE NOTABLES
* The Aztecs come into the match with a four-match winning streak of their own.
* With a 4-5 mark in league play, the Aztecs are in sixth place in the conference.
* Lauren Salisbury is the offensive leader with an average of 2.65 kills per set.
* Kristi Jackels leads the way with 4.10 digs per set.
TCU vs. SAN DIEGO STATE SERIES HISTORY
* The Aztecs hold a slim 6-5 lead in the all-time series.
* The Frogs have won four of the last five meetings.
* The Frogs are 2-3 all-time in San Diego, but are riding a two-match win streak over the Aztecs in California.
* TCU took a 3-1 win over San Diego State earlier this season in Fort Worth.
AIR FORCE NOTABLES
* The Falcons are winless in their last ten matches and have yet to win a match at home this season.
* Nine of the 10 losses have come via the sweep.
* Caroline Kurtz is the top kill producer with an average of 3.19 per set, while Kelly Spencer paces the team defensively with 2.74 digs per set.
TCU vs. AIR FORCE SERIES HISTORY
* TCU holds a commanding 10-2 lead in the series.v
* The Frogs have won eight straight dating back to the 2005 campaign.
* The Frogs are 3-2 all-time in Colorado Springs.
* The Frogs last loss in the series came on Nov. 5, 2005 in Colorado Springs.
* TCU took a 3-0 decision over the Falcons earlier this season in Fort Worth.